Crudcatcher Horror Poll

Kaise
Kaise Posts: 2,498
edited November 2011 in The Crudcatcher
**EDIT - Retard spelling error corrected - thanks dad!**

With halloween only a few days away i thought horror related poll was in order;

List you top ten "sh*t yourself, hide behind the sofa" horrow films, this is not to act big brave and macho and say your not scared of any film, be honest and list the ones that leave a lasting impression, ones that actually make you jump!

mine

The Decent
Strangers
Session 9
Paranormal Activity
Hostel
Saw 3
The Shining
The Exorcist
Jaws
Aliens

i cant really put them in order but they all either make me feel sick, or have to turn away, the decent being one of the worst as i have a fear of sh*t that lives in enclosed spaces!

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    my memory is useless but i will say

"Insideous" is missing from your list!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    kaiser83 wrote:
    With halloween only a few days away i thought horror related pole was in order;
    mormon-pole-dancing.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    Halloween.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    I remember cacking my pants watching 'Dr. Who and the Green Death' when I was about 8, but now I'd have to class it as comedy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    The only horror films that have ever affected were the new Omen and 28 days later

I think the omen was cos we watched it on 6/60/6 in a crowded cinema and I just got sucked into the atmosphere

Usually horror films don't bother me so I just get bored, I can't suspend my disbelief enough!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    REC, REC2
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Aliens will always be top for me. Way ahead of its time when it came out, and still good today.
  • Wolverhampton University Campus promotional video.
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Manthefuckup.....getting scared watching a film whatever next...
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • Aah, good Topic but they don't scare me.. but I do enjoy a good horror..

In no order, but they are:

Paranormal Activity 1
    The Thing
    Event Horizon
    The exorcism of Emily Rose
    A haunting in Connecticut
    Alien trilogy (excl. Resurrection)
    Black Christmas
    The Tunnel
    The sixth sense
    Silent Hill
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    my memory is useless but i will say

"Insideous" is missing from your list!

Not scary or worthy of a mention...
  • MrChrisP
    MrChrisP Posts: 321
    Aliens is definitely top for me. I remember watching it at a mates house for the first time and then having to walk the 15-20m back to my parents house. Was kacking it the entire way!

Oh and Insideous is quite possibly the most laughable and worst film I have ever had the misfortune of paying to go see (at least Battlefield Earth was good for a laugh).
    Kona Stinky Six
    Kona Scrap
    Scott YZ4
  • I like horror films, but they don't scare me really.

Paranormal Activity 1 was a little creepy, but I don't think it scared me like it did other people. I laughed quite a lot through it.

Insidious was doing so well, I was really enjoying it especially this moment (I pointed out the lad facing the wall to the people I was with :twisted: ) but it started to lose the plot about 15mins from the end.

It bugs me when they show the monster, sometimes the mind is the scariest thing. Insidious is a good example, the description of the monster makes you think of whatever you find scary, but then they ruin it by showing you what they think is scary. Ah well.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    ddraver wrote:
    The only horror films that have ever affected were the new Omen and 28 days later
    +1 for 28 Days.

Se7en was good as well. The original 'Alien' was top notch SF horror - Aliens was great but more of a shoot 'em up than a horror film for me.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    i thought both paranormal activity films were very good horrors.
  • As scary horrors go paranormal activity was very good, but the classics are the best,

Halloween
    Exorcist
    The thing
    Stephen kings IT
    just a few I liked.
    work hard, play hard, fall hard

cube stereo 2010

Felt Z95 2013
  • Not poo yourself scary but you can't go wrong with zombie movies, IT, or the first two Alien movies
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • Also, Ghostbusters is a tremendous film
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Also, Ghostbusters is a tremendous film

it is, but my 5 year old neice watches ghostbusters 1 & 2 :lol:
  • welshkev wrote:
    Also, Ghostbusters is a tremendous film

it is, but my 5 year old neice watches ghostbusters 1 & 2 :lol:

And? It's a great film to kick off... false sense of security and then BOOM
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    supersonic wrote:
    Aliens will always be top for me. Way ahead of its time when it came out, and still good today.

Alien (Ridley Scott), or Aliens (James Cameron)? Alien was a suspense horror film and one of the first 18 films I ever saw (I was 17 when it came out), but Aliens is an action film... excellent, but not what I would call horror.

I don't really watch much horror... but I do remember watching Dr Who from behind the sofa when I was very young.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    The john hurt scene in alien is about as good as it gets, fair crapped myself first time i saw it

if im going for horror i prefer jump movies to gore

anyone remember House, lol jump movie
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    I'm such a tart with horror movies, don't do them at all. Jaws, (not a horror film) scared the crap out of me and I refused to take a bath for looooong time.

An American Werewolf in London also messed me up for a while :oops:

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    It bugs me when they show the monster, sometimes the mind is the scariest thing.

+ potato

thats why Session 9 really got me going, there is no violence during the film and the only blod you see is at the end, a very clever film that builds and builds.

I prefer a horror that leaves me scared to open a door or be in an old building at night far than torture, thats why i didnt like the human centipede, just filth and torture.
  • cooldad
    That’s why the original Halloween was so good. Minimal blood etc, just a build-up of suspense.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Stevo_666
    kaiser83 wrote:
    It bugs me when they show the monster, sometimes the mind is the scariest thing.

+ potato

thats why Session 9 really got me going, there is no violence during the film and the only blod you see is at the end, a very clever film that builds and builds.

I prefer a horror that leaves me scared to open a door or be in an old building at night far than torture, thats why i didnt like the human centipede, just filth and torture.
    Blair Witch is another one that freaked quite a few people, and there's no blood or violence at all. Quite liked that.
  • Suspense is the ultimate horror ingredient, anyone can make a film where a bunch of pretty young things get cut up in gruesome ways but to make people feel tense and scared you need suspense and the release of said suspense. And no, suspense is not a euphamism for man milk.
    In no particular order:

The Shining
    Fiday 13th Part 1 (became laughable after the 6th)
    Halloween
    Alien
    Silence of the Lambs- cos its fucked up to think someone was actually like that.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Blair Witch is another one that freaked quite a few people, and there's no blood or violence at all. Quite liked that.

That was just POV motion sickness :¬)

Another good horrors were Stigmata with Patricia Aruqette and The Sin Eater
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    aliens
    rec/rec2
    nightmare on elm st.
    excorcist
    and pretty much anything made before 1990...
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    the full series of assmasters, leaves me breathless every time and sweating like a knackered fridge!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    hmmm, for me there are two types of film here

Horror and Scary

Horror = Friday 13th i.e. lots of gore

Scary = The Exorcist i.e. doesnt need gore, just scary

personally i dont find horror that scary

my top 5 scary would be

The Shining
    The Ring
    The Blair Witch Project
    Aliens
    The Exorcist

my top 5 horror would be

Zombie Grannies (purely for its comedic value)
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
    Guinea Pig
    Scream
    The Evil Dead