just had my bike stolen

MRLEON83
MRLEON83 Posts: 42
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
I'm so annoyed, cut straight through my lock... GUTTED! ...

that is all..

Comments

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    swines!

what lock was it?

insured?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Damn I feel for you.
  • its just a regular canon lock, and like a t@at I hadn't got round to insuring it(after speaking to the insurance company they told me it would cost and extra £2 a month... which makes me feel even worse) ), it only cost £350.... ... but godamn its gunna be a long walk home....
  • the question now is... it was a hybrid,.... is this the cycling god telling me I need to get a road ?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,730
    MRLEON83 wrote:
    is this the cycling god telling me I need to get a road ?

Yes.

Yes he is.
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    Cut their goolies off !
    Misguided Idealist
  • so is it just evans cycles that does interest free ?
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    MRLEON83 wrote:
    so is it just evans cycles that does interest free ?
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cards/ ... edit-cards
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Cycle to work scheme is interest free

Bad luck about the bike.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Sorry to hear it - hope you get a nice new bike (and two good locks!)
    Cannondale Bad Boy SLX - commute and/or bad weather
    Scott Speedster S20 - weekend and/or fair weather commute
  • sophidog
    sophidog Posts: 180
    i've recently got a new toy and reading this thread i'm wondering where is the best place to register it. I've registered it with cannondale but there must be somewhere more 'cycling society' orientated, and i'm just picking the phone up to make sure it's covered on the house insurance....
    as for the thieves, the law enforcement's punishment would not fit the crime!
    Road: Rose CDX-3000 Cannondale CAADX 105 2011
    Turbo: Fuji Nevada Mountain Bike(Y2K)
  • sophidog wrote:
    i've recently got a new toy and reading this thread i'm wondering where is the best place to register it. I've registered it with cannondale but there must be somewhere more 'cycling society' orientated, and i'm just picking the phone up to make sure it's covered on the house insurance....
    as for the thieves, the law enforcement's punishment would not fit the crime!

We've signed up to bikeregister.com (free for basic signup), as well as taking out a policy with cycleguard as the cycle to work scheme gave a 10% discount voucher
    Cannondale Bad Boy SLX - commute and/or bad weather
    Scott Speedster S20 - weekend and/or fair weather commute
  • wheezee
    wheezee Posts: 461
    Dolan do what looks like a good scheme:

http://www.dolan-bikes.com/index.php?ro ... tion_id=12
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,327
    If you report your bike stolen and have the frame number it is not recorded on any central database, daft. If you get the old bill to id mark it for you that will be flagged up on a central database if it's stolen and the police get to recover it somehow.
    Mr Leon, sorry about your bike. Keep an eye on Ebay, Gumtree and others. Mine turned up on Ebay 6 weeks after being nicked and the police recovered it and returned it. After many phone calls from me.
  • You're not the first and you certainly won't be the last. The main reason why I left London all those years ago :evil:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,327
    Don't bikes get stolen anywhere else? Who'd have thunk it?
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    I use these guys - got my bikes done for free as part of a crime prevention initiative

http://www.bikeregister.com/?gclid=CLCi ... 4QodwFHORg

Still sucks though :cry:
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Sorry to hear about your bike.

A bloke at work had a Canondale Lefty single speed in XL stolen from outside his house yesterday. It was its first night outside after giving in to his wife's nagging him to take it out of the lounge! He thinks the scum used hydraulic cutters as they went through the lock "Like a hot knife through butter."

The only good thing is that its such a distinctive bike that if he sees one, he'll kick the rider off it and take it back (he's a big bloke).
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    EKE_38BPM
    bet his wife is feeling bad now.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    MRLEON83 wrote:
    is this the cycling god telling me I need to get a road ?

Yes.

Yes he is.

And the Lord looked down upon thee and said, "Get thee a road bike with a 10-speed Ultegra compact groupset and other trimmings and all shall be fine again".

Sucks. Know how you feel. Let's hope they get a paper cut in their "old boy" and that it's sprinkled with salt.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."