Colomba Chemo Classic

rodgers73
rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
Has anyone done this before? I'm not sure if this is the first year its been run of if its a regular on the calendar.

Anyway, the reason I'm askling is I need to know roughly how long the course will take to finish. Does anyone know the fastest and slowest results from previous years?

I'm on a tight schedule that day - I live in Doncaster so would need to finish about 4pm.

Any information would be great!

Thanks

Comments

• Gypsum_Fantastic
    Gypsum_Fantastic Posts: 172
    edited October 2011
    It's been run for a few years now, here are last years results

http://www.colombachemoclassic.org.uk/r ... erby=total

It's a lumpy one but a great course in a spectacular part of the world and for 15 bones you can't go wrong plus it's for a good cause too.

Food stops and signage were great last year the jacket tatty and tea at the end were a welcome and unexpected treat.
  • rodgers73
    Indeed, it does look good.

But unless I can get home on time, I cant do it...
  • rodgers73 wrote:
    But unless I can get home on time, I cant do it...

Best pedal fast then :wink: There was a chicken run down Swaledale if you don't fancy the last 2 climbs
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,464
    i did it 2 years ago ago and had a mare. it was cold, windy and wet and i was over geared and under trained. its a great route though and the organisation was very good. its only 65 miles so there should be no way you wont be long gone by 4.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • rodgers73
    OK, that's encouraging - are you super fit though??
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,464
    i'm far from super fit and was even further away 2 years ago. if you set off at 8 you'll have 7 hours to do the 65m and still have an hour to eat and get showered before you leave.

plus if you're lucky you'll get to have a gaze at lizzie armitstead (assuming she's doing it with a few male pro's again this year. last year i think it was swift, dowsett and blythe she was with)
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • rodgers73
    Just got an email from the organiser - last year most were done in 5 hours or so.

Lets hope they have some spaces left...

:D