It's a Wednesday For Gods Sake !

CycleOfViolence
CycleOfViolence Posts: 57
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
I've got a week off work and since we're not going away I've decided to train, a nice 21 mile loop each day for eight days in and amongst 'jobs' that need doing.

Just after lunch in the quite village where I live appeared three oiks with a pitbull, one blocked the road and tried to pull me off the bike, I took a blow to the head, they tried to nick it but I wouldn't let go, five locals saw it and the oiks ran off through the golf club and evaporated :evil:

Police came, scenes of crime came, they were all very good, thought they'd come from the estate a few miles away etc went to look for them etc etc found nothing yet.

I was in a pretty Zen state tbh, focused on my times and it was all a bit surreal.

To add insult to injury decided to chop some firewood to work it out of my system, hit left thumb with hand axe chopping kindling, big clean slice now across the pad, followed earlier thread and glued it myself.

As I said, it's a Wednesday, had to have a couple of beers, expect to fall down the stairs later.

Comments

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Bloody hell mate! That's ridiculous! Glad you're OK.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Jesus. There are some right scrots about. Glad it wasn't worse, and hope they find them.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."