Bargains Ahoy

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited October 2011 in The bottom bracket
Just a heads up. Spotted this in the coomunting section (don't ask). 63 pages of bargains/promos. Tiagra BB's for 4 quid for example, couldnt grumble sticking it ona winter bike for that price.

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/products/topoffers/
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Looked great at first but check availability before you get too excited.
    Bargains to be had though! :P
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • good point, i only just noticed the green dots for availability. I just ordered the tiagra bb and chainset all for 30 squid - it's available and being shipped. thats one xmas prezzy crossed off then. :)
  • McBoom
    McBoom Posts: 78
    good point, i only just noticed the green dots for availability. I just ordered the tiagra bb and chainset all for 30 squid - it's available and being shipped. thats one xmas prezzy crossed off then. :)

Same, except I ordered 4 BB's!

I can understand them flogging all the 9-speed Tiagra stuff because it's been replaced by the 10-speed, but that BB is the only one compatible with 9-speed Sora which is still a current groupset.

I'm not complaining of course :D
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Barganarama!
  • Pigtail
    Pigtail Posts: 424
    A lot of the Tiagra stuff has sold out. I bought a rear derailleur.

I've also - for some reason I cannot quite fathom bought a hub dynamo.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Pigtail wrote:
    I've also - for some reason I cannot quite fathom bought a hub dynamo.

Well done - you've taken your first step on a path into a new world.

That path, incidentally, ends at a sign marked 'Audax'. Just so you know what you're getting into here. Have you considered growing a beard?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Pigtail
    Pigtail Posts: 424
    I'm fairly new to cycling - and I'm still like a child in a sweetie shop. I want to try as many things as I can, including audax.

I dont have the technology to grow a beard though. I have alopecia which means a few patches would be the best I could do.
  • lifeform
    lifeform Posts: 126
    Pigtail wrote:
    I dont have the technology to grow a beard though. I have alopecia which means a few patches would be the best I could do.

As do I - although the flip side is that it saves immensely on razor blades.
  • Alopecia - is that the range above Ultegra?

Forgive my "joke", I went away to have my tea and all the Tiagra gear was gone. Greedy gits.
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • Duffer65
    Duffer65 Posts: 341
    Bloody hell! I've just blown £60, now I'll have to explain why I 'needed' two new jerseys to the missus...they were a bargain though. :lol:
    Where would you be if you fell down a hole?.. Stuck down a hole... in the fog... Stuck down a hole, in the fog, at night... WITH AN OWL!
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    I noticed the site earlier in the year. It just set any number of alarm bells ringing.

Such as "too good to be true" offers, many items listed but apparently few in stock, UK contact is a mobile phone and a PO box on a trading estate in Wlitshire.

Bob
  • Duffer65
    Duffer65 Posts: 341
    beverick wrote:
    I noticed the site earlier in the year. It just set any number of alarm bells ringing.

Such as "too good to be true" offers, many items listed but apparently few in stock, UK contact is a mobile phone and a PO box on a trading estate in Wlitshire.

Bob

I very much doubt there is anything dodgy about this, Rose are a well known bike brand with a good reputation.
    Where would you be if you fell down a hole?.. Stuck down a hole... in the fog... Stuck down a hole, in the fog, at night... WITH AN OWL!
  • I don't suppose anyone accidentally bought too many of the Tiagra chainsets and needs to offload one? Very annoyed at myself for missing those. MIne is a teeny bit bent but not really worth replacing at normal prices.

Annoyingly I had one in the basket at lunch time but delayed as I thought I'd have a proper look through in the evening to see what else I "needed"......
  • Keith1983
    Keith1983 Posts: 575
    Anyone got any experience of Rose shoes? I'm gonna give a pair of the road ones a go at £30 odd quid! Shame I can't justify one of the nice Campag jerseys aswell!
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Duffer65 wrote:
    I very much doubt there is anything dodgy about this, Rose are a well known bike brand with a good reputation.

Yes, and a couple of times ever year they do their 50% on Top Offers deal, and they provide great service.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Keith1983 wrote:
    Anyone got any experience of Rose shoes? I'm gonna give a pair of the road ones a go at £30 odd quid! Shame I can't justify one of the nice Campag jerseys aswell!

Their MTB shoes for about 36 quid (including the carriage) don't look at all bad - even include some studs for extra grip (just the job for us 'cross fans) and a bespoke fitting/removal tool, not unlike the ones that come with decent footie boots.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • ha ha just got an email confirming my order.....but it had 3 items, I'd only ordered 2, but there it was a NEUKUNDEN-GESCHENK.

Just googled it, turns out it's a newcomers gift, what a plonker. Why didn't they just say Haribo.
  • ha ha just got an email confirming my order.....but it had 3 items, I'd only ordered 2, but there it was a NEUKUNDEN-GESCHENK.

Just googled it, turns out it's a newcomers gift, what a plonker. Why didn't they just say Haribo.

You'll wish it was :wink:

Because it won't be! It will be this...

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/sque ... aid:355601

and a Rose mug. Well, that's what they sent me when I ordered some shoes from them a few months back.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    ha ha just got an email confirming my order.....but it had 3 items, I'd only ordered 2, but there it was a NEUKUNDEN-GESCHENK.

I do hope you're not about to start a new "blame Rose" movement ;). Actually, if that did happen I'd suspect it might be an attention-deflecting stunt arranged by Wiggle, and therefore ultimately still Wiggle's fault. ;)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal