mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited November 2011 in Commuting chat
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    I can't grow a moustache. Its my secret shame :(
  • I vaguely promised the missus I'd never do it again, after I spent the whole of a holiday to Thailand with a fetching handlebar tache. After wondering the streets of Bangkok it'd pick up the odours of the street and transmit them back throughout our hotel room, which was nice.

According to her I 'ruined' the holiday, but she couldn't have hated it that much mind as she said yes when I went down on one knee (to ask for her hand in marriage, honestly get your minds out of the gutter).
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Tempted. But which one.

5436298608_33d88f36b8.jpg
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • i'm on the verge of being sponsored more to not have one...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I did a couple of years ago as it was a thing through work, I discovered I could grow quite a good one and it went down the sides of my mouth like and a goatee without the chin bit, not this year though.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I already sport a full Captain Haddock.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    I will go again - need to pick a different style this year though......
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Will be going for it this year (and did it last year). It is a hideous slug on my top lip, as that is the only place it will grow.
    I am wondering though, is it considered a sin to use it to fundraise for my L2P in 24h or is it for the veg only?
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    yup i'm doing it again
    FCN = 4
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    i don't know what to grow....

i think somewhere through my family tree i must have a Spanish uncle as i grow face fuzz pretty fast

anything issue is i have to shave my head (i blame my dad for faulty hair genes) so if i grow a beard or moustache i look like an upside down head!
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Libraio
    Libraio Posts: 181
    I would have to start in June to get anywhere near a 'stache in November :oops: , so that's me out I'm afraid.
    The Commuter: 2009 Trek District
    The John Deere: 2011 Van Dessel WTF
  • mtb-idle
    howzitallgoin? Anyone?

I've stuck with mine and looking good at the mo (pun intended)
    FCN = 4
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Most of the chaps at the footie tournament I've been refereeing on this week have been trying with the tache thing. I did comment that one looked like a terrorist which made the rest of the team laugh. Not a good look for a Marine :lol:

Thankfully Jake isn't allowed a tache according to uniform regulations and he's currently banned from having a beard on regulations from an even higher authority....me :P :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Mine's doing nicely, similar to the above, hollowed out goatee look. I'm getting the p ripped out of me at work, but as long as they pay up for the privilege then all well and good.
  • Anonymous
    Mine's going well. Covers the top lip and a TINY bit down at either side. Was given some styling tips in the pub last night by some girl friends who suggested losing the downbits at the sides and thinning it out to go for the ww2 pilot look!

Will be slicing up my top lip monday morning!
  • Anonymous
    Well that was a disaster. Might be time to get rid. Sad times, but now I look TOO stupid!
  • richk
    richk Posts: 564
    notsoblue wrote:
    I can't grow a moustache. Its my secret shame :(

Oh good, I'm not the only one.
    There is no secret ingredient...
  • I've got a full on beard for the whole year, do I still count? :-/
  • bandito / ron jeremy blend is coming on well and beards no...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Do it every year. Great excuse to see what happens when upper lip remains unshaved. And it's a good cause. :D

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I haven't shaved for over 2 weeks. I've got a full on shaggy beard thing and tache, I'm very tanned (for me) and I bought some African bangle things in Mozambique.... I'm going heavy on the world traveller look at the moment....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • mtb-idle
    Here's an unusual angle of my Mo shot on the MTB at the weekend

20-11-2011_16.jpg

more here

Peasant in the Big Sh*tty
    FCN = 4