'04 Marzocchi EXR Pro forks - advice needed - oil wt etc

add595
add595 Posts: 196
edited October 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all.

After becoming the proud owner of some Rockshox Recon forks, I have realised how poor my old Marzocchi's are in comparison.

I am going to service them and try a different oil weight in them, to try and make them plush and usable. Currently they don't feel plush and the rebound is very sluggish.

I have downloaded a manual for them and it is useless. No mention of oil capacity or weight!

I have taken the tops off the legs today and can confirm there is oil in both legs (I thought only the right leg had damping though?).

Does anyone have experience with this fork? Any idea what the standard oil weight is? Is motorcycle fork oil ok to use?

Thanks in advance...
2009 Giant Trance X5
Kinesis Decade Virsa custom build
Pinnacle Peak 700c hybrid road rat
Various other parts 'n' projects

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    looked at any of the links in the tech links sticky above.

7.5wt no seal swellers.and the volumes/levels are on Windwaves and Marzochhis sites.

if its the air 130ml in each leg, if the coil 125ml each leg.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • add595
    add595 Posts: 196
    Much appreciated, thanks.

Looked at the tech links.... Didn't know what Windwave was until now, very useful website though!

Couldn't find that info on the Marzochhi website or in the manual I have downloaded from them.
    2009 Giant Trance X5
    Kinesis Decade Virsa custom build
    Pinnacle Peak 700c hybrid road rat
    Various other parts 'n' projects