Cannondale CAAD 105 2011 VS TREK 2.3 2011

tom_g92
tom_g92 Posts: 25
edited October 2011 in Road beginners
I have narrowed my chioce of bikes down to these two, I have found them both for a very similar price. Has any body got either of these bike and could anyone tell me which is better/any advantages and disadvantages of both bikes.
any help will be greatly appriciated! thank you.

Comments

• KulaBen
    KulaBen Posts: 220
    I'll start by saying that I don't have either but...... I did look at a Madone when I bought my SuperSix, and they are carbon versions of the bikes you mention. It came down to fit as much as anything- i seemed to fall between a 56 and 58 on the Madone but the 56 cannondale was perfect. Both are good bikes, and I supsect you'll have to ride them to decide. I did read a review in bikebuyer magazine that said the CAAD pipped it for what it's worht
    Not a bad dilemma to have!
  • tom_g92
    Thanks mate big help. Appears the Dale just pips it! Can I ask how tall you are? I'm 6,1 going for a 58cm I think
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    I've had a brief ride on both and really liked both of them.

Personally, I just prefered the Cannondale, but only you can decide which is best for you. The best way to do that is to test ride them, but I'm sure you'll enjoy whichever of them you go for...
    FCN 3 / 4
  • KulaBen
    KulaBen Posts: 220
    Tom i'm 5 feet 10 so I reckon you'd need the 58. It's not a certain store up near Stavely is it?
  • I like the red one :lol:
  • tom_g92
    Won't be able to test ride as one is il Newcastle one in Bradford. Where is stavely? Thanks for the help everyone!
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    I'm 5' 10" and a 54 'dale is perfect for me.
    FCN 3 / 4