Saracen Skyline. Any Info much Appreciated

BazookaMoor
BazookaMoor Posts: 77
edited August 2012 in Tour & expedition
Hi. I recently bought a Saracen Skyline frame with the intention of building it up to use as a general purpose Winter run around.
Was attracted by the multiple mounting points for mudguards and racks and also the reasonably light weight of the steel frame.
There are no Reynolds 531 stickers on the frame, but a similar looking 2004 model I saw when I Goggled the name had some type of 531 sticker.
The seatpost is 27.2mm which is usual Reynolds tube diameter.
Also how does the frame feel when fully loaded.

Any information would be great

Thanks

8) 8) 8)

Comments

• bigjim
    bigjim Posts: 780
    I've got one. They were built by Dawes on the same line as the Galaxy. So I assume the same frame which is 531 but i doubt if the forks are. I got mine as new, used once and there was no 531 stickers on the forks. Lovely quality bike to ride, very smooth and comfortable. I,ve used it fully loaded with camping gear with no problems. You do get some flex when you stand up on the pedals. I was only told this by somebody riding behind me. I did not notice it.
    C2C4-1.jpg
  • jacob23
    jacob23 Posts: 2
    I know this is an old thread but I have got a Saracen Skyline from around 2004 recently, without a bottom bracket. I really need the dimensions so would be unbelievably grateful if anyone could check their's and tell me the dimensions; especially the spindle length

Thank you so much!
  • bigjim
    bigjim Posts: 780
    Can't measure the spindle on mine without taking the pedals off. It's a standard English BB for a triple. Same BB as Dawes Galaxy of that era as it's the same bike.
    Should be for Shimano, 118L 130x74 according to Sheldon.
    http://sheldonbrown.com/bbsize.html
  • jacob23
    jacob23 Posts: 2
    Thank you for such a swift reply and a very comprehensive answer, has been more than helpful

Jacob