Cav bike ride

2»

Comments

• Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Typical. On the one day I needed all you lucky people to race back to your computers eager to tell me all about your ride with Cav when it was fresh in your minds........ and the forum went in for an extensive service.

Soooooooooo, how was it for you?
    Loved the clip with Jon Snow btw.
  • I went! Got to start right behind him, was the girl who stayed in Cav's group and you can see me being signed at about 40sec in Jon Snow's piece. Pretty awesome day all in all! Highlight has to be drafting the world champion (very carefully...)! :) Couldn't stop talking about it at work which considering only about 50 % of people knew who I was talking about was entertaining.

The first 2 "neutral" laps were rather pacey but given the group size it probably wasn't a bad idea to try and split the group early on and it didn't ramp too much after that. I was happy but I imagine if I'd been dropped by the end of the first lap (as about 2/3 of people had) I might feel a little different. As I wasn't it was a completely amazing experience!
    Nice weather bike: Fondriest TF2 (white/ black)
    Training Bike: Giant Avail (white/ blue/ green)
    Track bikes: Planet X Franko Bianco (white) and 7VRN (white/ black)
    CX: Kinesis Pro6 (sick green)
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Ooooooh, I am so envious Emma! And I saw you on the video clip, looking very relaxed and poised. What a day to look back on.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Wow, Blonde cyclist is Fiiiiiiittt!!! ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Moderators, immediately re-name this thread Re: Blonde Cyclist Bike Ride!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • From cavs FB page. Pix of him filming for SPOTY. Looks good in the jersey.

cav2.jpg

cav.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    haw that that John Snow film I'm the dude in the black helmet on the start line just in the background of Cav in the close up!

The laps were a good. I remember a handful of us getting ahead. I sort of thought Cav might open up the taps on the last lap so thought it be handy to get a wee head start to get up the hill before he blasted past but fortuantly that didnt happen :P

God a massive buzz riding side by side into the corners with Cav in rainbow glory :P
  • Is that Epping Forest?
  • Is that Epping Forest?

well spotted, apparently it is. Taken last week.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Disappointed not to get a place on the ride but did get to see the great man last week.

Coming through Ongar coming down Coopers Hill last Wednesday I spy a rider in a British Cycling jersey. Instant thought comes to to these forums and the discussions on should this rider be wearing such a garment.

Then I notice the HTC bibs. As I get closer I realise it's the man himself. Had another guy with him who seemed to be trailing behind and Cav was waiting up for him.

I was in two minds to get a pic but thought better to leave him. Shame he wasn't in his WC top!