Stinky softshell

kiwimatt
kiwimatt Posts: 208
edited October 2011 in Commuting general
I have a Gore Phantom which is always used with a baselayer (usually merino), and never sits more than a day without being laundered ie: clean on, into work, home again and into washing machine.

But the stench from the pits is getting increasingly hard to shift...

Any top wash tips/products for this type of synthetic fabric gear? Comments on personal hygiene aside... :)

Comments

• I've had this happen. Leave it on a hanger outside for a week or two. keep it out of the sun but let the wind and rain get it and it will be sorted.
    Trek Madone 5.9, Trek Rumblefish 2, Kinesis Racelight T for the rain and a Kawasaki ZX12 R.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Soak in bicarbonate of soda solution before washing.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • godders1
    godders1 Posts: 750
    I have exactly the same problem with a new gore gilet. It's not an issue with any of my other gear (much of which I wear next to my skin).

My old gore gilet doesn't have this problem (and is much better quality overall). It seems Gore's quality is going in the opposite direction to their prices (I believe this is called "doing a North Face").
  • kiwimatt
    kiwimatt Posts: 208
    Godders1 wrote:
    I have exactly the same problem with a new gore gilet.

Thanks for responses - I wonder what it is about the fabric they are using that is making it hard to shift the whiff :roll: