Max tyre size on specialized Camber

joepineapples
joepineapples Posts: 39
edited February 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Does anyone know what the max tyre size on a specialized Camber is? I want to put some winter ones on.

The current ones are 2.0

Comments

• 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    What Rims are on it, Dt swiss 24mm?
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • yeah they are
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    You need to look at frame clearance as well a really wide tyre may rub and different brands are wider, Maxxis 2.35 are quite narrow compared to some of the others, I run Maxxis 2.35 front and rear.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • moster
    moster Posts: 121
    I'm running a 2.35 Kenda SB8 on the rear of mine with no problems. I am planning on switching it to a 2.35 Panaracer Rampage that I have lying in the garage at the weekend so will let you know how that goes as I think they are a bit fatter than the Kendas
    When you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras.
  • Anybody know what sort of a squeeze kenda nevegal 2.35s are? Just I understand they quite a thick fit but would love to give some a run out on my camber when the captains die a death?
  • hoots
    hoots Posts: 134
    Can't be 100% on the Camber, but I've tried a 2.35 Nev on the back of my new Stumpy FSR (which has very similar layout/clearance to Camber), and it was reet tight! OK in bone dry weather, but nightmare at first sign of proper mud. I've tried a 2.10 Nev rear, 2.35 front and that worked well. HTH

p.s. got a couple of very lightly used 2.1" Nevs going spare if you're interested - just PM me if so.