Anyone conferenced at The Brewery?

Aidy
Aidy Posts: 2,015
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
Here: http://www.thebrewery.co.uk/, not just some random brewery :)

Kinda forgot about this, and they claim to have bike parking available - but I wondered if anyone had first hand experience of this?

I'm not crazy paranoid, if it's actually venue bike parking then I'm okay with it - but I'd rather not leave my bike locked up all day on the street outside the venue.

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Aidy wrote:
    Here: http://www.thebrewery.co.uk/, not just some random brewery :)

Kinda forgot about this, and they claim to have bike parking available - but I wondered if anyone had first hand experience of this?

I'm not crazy paranoid, if it's actually venue bike parking then I'm okay with it - but I'd rather not leave my bike locked up all day on the street outside the venue.

Looked at it for a wedding reception venue about 8 years ago but decided on something a tad more up market, er well the now wife did.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Been there lots of times but never on a bike - however the entrance is in a courtyard and they normally have a security guard/greeter outside. If the parking us there it should be fine.
  • Tried to sort out a pish-up there once, but no luck.
  • itboffin
    If i make it into the office tomorrow i'll tell you what i know about the area, after working around there for 4 years I should be able to give a good opinion of the area.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    itboffin wrote:
    If i make it into the office tomorrow i'll tell you what i know about the area, after working around there for 4 years I should be able to give a good opinion of the area.

Cheers, but well, guess where I am tomorrow? :)
  • itboffin
    Aidy wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Cheers, but well, guess where I am tomorrow? :)

Ah okay then in short leave your bike inside or dont take it.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,997
    I tried, but I had problems with the evening social arrangements. They told me that I couldn't organise a p!ssup in the Brewery.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I tried, but I had problems with the evening social arrangements. They told me that I couldn't organise a p!ssup in the Brewery.

I would like to point out that I have, in fact, successfully organised a great p!ss up in Brewery.

I had my Wedding reception in the Bass Museum of Brewing and it was bloody marvellous!

(I think starting the evening with a 40 piece live Jazz Orchestra kind of set the scene)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • if there is no parking for the bike in the brewery - there is a NCP car park halfway through the tunnel towards the barbican on LHS, with bike racks in front of the security gaurds cabin. I used to park there when I worked in the area.