Off to Scotland for a few days - (nice) bike dilema!

miss notax
miss notax Posts: 2,572
edited October 2011 in Routes
Hello :D

Notax and I are having a few cheeky days in Scotland later in the week, and I can't decide whether to take the Kona or not :?

I have ridden up there before and love the xc trails, but have got the Kona to try and tackle some of the more dh stuff..... So the dilema is do I take the Kona (which I literally finished sorting out yesterday and have not ridden - save down the drive and back :oops: ) and try the least terrifying dh trail at Innerleithen, or just stick to the xc stuff on the Orange?

Part of me realises that facing a scary new trail probably isn't the best time to try out a new bike, but then again it seems such a shame not to! If I go armed with my full face and armour, got to be worth a go....????!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    If you just built a new bike and are wondering whether to ride it, you should stick it on eBay and sell it now.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    benpinnick wrote:
    If you just built a new bike and are wondering whether to ride it, you should stick it on eBay and sell it now.

Ha! No, not wondering whether to ride it, wondering whether to specifically ride it on a trail likely to be completely out of my comfort zone :lol:

But I take your point - it's a two bike trip then 8)
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • moster
    moster Posts: 121
    You'd probably be able to get away with the Orange for quite a bit of the stuff at Inners unless you want to hit it really hard....

You would look way cooler rockin' up with a stable of bikes though 8)
    When you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras.