Cycling and hoarding

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,064
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
I think my over enthusiastic interest in all things cycling is turning me into a hoarder, i've already filled the garage with bikes and bike stuff now i've almost completely filled a double wardrobe with cycling clothing much of which is unopened.

:?

So much Rapha & Castelli so little time to use

DAMN these sales
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    The Imelda Marcos of cycling?
    I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty.
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    You sound like the missus when she comes home with another pair of shoes that will inevitably end up on ebay as "New with tags" in 12 months time; "but they were in the sale"...

:P
    FCN 2 to 8
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    I'm afraid you have a serious case of Too Much Spare Cash. Help is available - just set up a direct debit to me (we'll start at a conservative dose of £200/month) and very soon your symptoms will disappear.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Zachariah wrote:
    I'm afraid you have a serious case of Too Much Spare Cash. Help is available - just set up a direct debit to me (we'll start at a conservative dose of £200/month) and very soon your symptoms will disappear.

The man's got Rapha Syndrome - that dose is WAAAAY too low to be effective...
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • itboffin
    As you can prob tell from my other threads today I have my eye on a ball crushingly expensive completely undeserved needed or justified object of every MAMILs desire :roll:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    I found still in the bag a pair of Castelli full summer bib tights, FFS I already have two identical pairs - might have been on sale in 2009 :oops:

I cant bring myself to throw the older stuff out even the smelly hats & gloves
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I had to have a big clear out and I still found things I had hardly worn and my parts bin is growing larger and larger and I am having to find ingenious places to hide wheels etc