How the £%$& do you get to Liverpool St from London Bri

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
OK normally it's over the bridge follow the road to the right and go straight.

But there is a divert and I've taken this divert a couple of times now and it's not clear to me where there is a simple and concise way to get to Liverpool Street station.

Right now, how do you get there!?
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    it's a tricky detour that one but easy once you know how... http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5155668
    Hat + Beard
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Jubilee to Stratford, Central Line to Liv St.
  • DonDaddyD
    :shock:

:lol::lol::lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Jubilee to Stratford, Central Line to Liv St.
    There's probably a bus route, but I doubt it'd be any quicker than the Stratford tube option...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • clarkey cat
    Ah, yes, that's right:

Jubilee to Stratford, London Overground to Richmond, District Line to Mansion House, Walk to St Pauls, Bus 100 to Liverpool St.
  • DonDaddyD
    Erm, you guys do know I mean riding over London Bridge and following the divert to Liverpool Street...
    Food Chain number = 4

• clarkey cat
    Can't take a bike on the tube. Sorry.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    It's a different world.... :?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • clarkey cat
    in all seriousness - can't you head down to Aldgate and go up Middlesex St?
  • Whereabouts is the diversion? You might be able to bear left at House of Fraser up King William St, then back down either Threadneedle or Cornhill from Bank to get back to Gracechurch/Bishopsgate.

*Checks map*

Or, right, go up KWS to Bank, then right onto Threadneedle St, then a left onto Old Broad St which leads all the way up to Liverpool St (by the looks of it on the map, the reality might be a different story of course)
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    You mean the bit outside Leadenhall Mkt?

Isn't it just that small stretch of road between the lights with Lombard\Fencurch St and Cornhill? Why not just jump off and push it?
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    You mean the bit outside Leadenhall Mkt?

Isn't it just that small stretch of road between the lights with Lombard\Fencurch St and Cornhill? Why not just jump off and push it?
    If you're riding fixed, don't even need to get off and push :twisted:
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    edited October 2011
    Go straight / left at the north end of the bridge up King William St. That'll take you to bank turn right and take the left hand fork going down the left hand side of the royal exchange (looks a bit like the parthenon), this is Threadneedle street. Follow this until you get a another fork in the road at traffic light and turn left this is Old Broad street with tower 42 (nat west tower) on it. Follow this and straight across at lights at the end, follow some more and you'll come out at Liverpool Street Station by Macdonalds.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • clarkey cat
    you turn left at the fork for OBS
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    you turn left at the fork for OBS

Yep my mistake just corrected that...
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Just ride on the pavement, simples!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    - Turn right at the M&S where the roadwork starts
    - Turn left at Clinton Cards/TM Lewin slowing down for Lemming peds
    - Carry straight on through the barriers on Lime St next to the Lloyds Building whilst looking out for more Lemming peds.
    - Turn left onto Leadenhall St and keep going until you reach Bishopsgate. This isn't the way I go at this point so I'm assuming you can turn right at the intersection.
  • hells
    hells Posts: 175
    I ride straight down/up the a10 from Stamford Hill to Elephant and castle daily at the moment and the quickest, easiest way is to simply get off your bike and walk the few hundred meters up the road to the station.
    Scott Addict R2 2010
    Trek 1.7 compact 2009
    Tank race elite 2007
    Marin Alpine trail 2007
    Specalized Langster 2010
    Kona Jake the Snake
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    kelsen wrote:
    - Carry straight on through the barriers on Lime St next to the Lloyds Building whilst looking out for more Lemming peds.
    - Turn left onto Leadenhall St and keep going until you reach Bishopsgate. This isn't the way I go at this point so I'm assuming you can turn right at the intersection.

Good shout...why didn't I think of that...I go that way to get into the office, but hook a left after the Clinton Cards\TM Lewin left!!
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    kelsen wrote:

Good shout...why didn't I think of that...I go that way to get into the office, but hook a left after the Clinton Cards\TM Lewin left!!

Used to use that one myself when I worked at an office just behind St Mary's Axe, the iPeds around there are a proper PITA! Usually so engorged in their fecking Crackberry's or iThings I swear they'd walk in front of a HGV sometimes....
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    kelsen wrote:

IIRC you can't (legally) turn right at Leadenhall into Bishopsgate so...

When you get to Leadenhall, turn right and immediately and take 1st left into St Mary Axe. then at the end, left into Bevis Marks then Camomile upto Bishopsgate and turn right at the lights by Heron Tower.