UK domestic transfers

2»

Comments

• hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Seems Jack Bauer is heading to Garmin from Endura. Well done that man.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,737
    Only if he can manage it in under 24hrs.
  • Good to see the Motorpoint team has a new sponsor and will now be known as Node4-Giordana and will still have both a men's and women's team. New signings include Dave Clarke and James Moss from Endura, Philip Lavery from An-Post, Matt Cronshaw from Raleigh and Kiwi Rico Rogers (Giant Kenda)

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/531147/node4-giordana-racing-team-launched.html

With this team plus the strengthened Team IG-Sigma Sport things are looking good for our domestic teams considering the plight of many European teams.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,587
    Thought I'd set up a topic to discuss the ins and outs of the UK domestic teams.

I was a bit concerned initially when I saw that Endura had released 5 out of 8 UK riders, but very pleased to see they have signed Bibby and McEvoy from Motorpoint and Erick Rowsell from the Academy. They are looking a strong team for next year already and it will be interesting to see whether they sign Tiernan-Locke and Russ Downing. Feel they are potentially one season away from Pro Conti level if they can find another sponsor. Well done to Brian Smith for all the hard work he has put in getting the team to where they are now and hopefully we will see Raleigh reaching that level in a few years time.

I think you might be giving credit to the wrong person there. My understanding is that Brian doesn't have much to do with the day-to-day running of the team.
  • Pross wrote:
    I think you might be giving credit to the wrong person there. My understanding is that Brian doesn't have much to do with the day-to-day running of the team.

But he is the man who was talking to Russell Downing for several months before he signed and who contacted Andy Fenn about trying to sign. I'm sure he would have been heavily instrumental in signing the likes of Iker Camano and getting Erick Rowsell from the Academy. He's also the one who got them into the likes of the Tour of Med and Haut Var through his contacts, so even if he isn't that involved with the day-to-day running of the team his role of General Manager is still very important.
  • Dan Lloyd signed for Team IG Sigma Sport
    http://www.velouk.net/2012/01/26/team-news-daniel-lloyd-signs-for-ig-markets-sigma-sport/

Pity he didn't manage to get signed by FDJ but this is good for the British scene and he can pass on his experience to the younger riders and this team are looking pretty good with Lloyd, Richardson and Craven.

Has anyone heard any news about Roger Hammond?
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I see Dan Lloyd has signed for a UK team. Good to see he's carrying on. Hope he has a good season and retakes a place at World Tour in 2013....a complete travesty that banned riders slot right back into a top team and DL got his p 45 to make space for such
  • yeah, sigma have pulled off a big signing there, expect to see them win a fair bit more with him on the team