Forme Hiver 56cm

explosifpete
explosifpete Posts: 1,327
edited November 2011 in Your road bikes
I thought I would post this as when I was researching these bikes I found very little info on them.

I brought this as a frame and fork package then built it with the off casts of my road bike and a few swapped parts.
The plan was to build something for cross racing and as a hack bike but it is so much more!
The ride is very impressive, the frame is stiff but still pretty comfortable on all but the worst trails and I hope that the carbon seatpost on order will improve the ride further.
the full carbon fork is also very good very stiff thought the corners but does a good job to take the buzz out so after a 3 hour road/byway/woodland trail ride I can still feel my hand which is a bonus!
The paint is well finished, looks good and doesn't chip easily
Only negatives are that when you buy one it doesn't come with anything other than the frame and fork, so you need to source a headset,seatclamp, cable guide and adjusters.
Also it doesn't have rack and mudguard mounts but then it is a cyclocross bike so think yourself lucky you get a bottle cage mount

This is the 56cm size, it has a 546mm horz top tube and a 130mm headtube
I'm 5'10" and it is a really good fit for me
Oh and best bit is that you can get one from ebay for £250! bargain
th_forme005.jpg
th_forme003.jpg
th_forme002.jpg

Comments

• leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Seen of few of these around, very nice. 8) I think I heard it is a Kinesis frame??
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Pete, tell me you weighed the bare frame before you built it up? no HS, no BB? if so, please post it, want to build up one as a spare cx bike. I think the muddy conditions are on their way.

thanks.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • explosifpete
    explosifpete Posts: 1,327
    Sorry I didn't weight it, didn't feel to bad and tif full carbon fork can't hurt the weight
    Pretty sure its not a kinesis as we have one in the shop I work at and there are loads of differences. Forme is Moore and larges company so they must just get them made
  • If you don't mind me saying you need to add a couple links to the chain. Big x big combos are not unheard of in 'cross.

Do you race the Eastern league?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • there is plenty of chain there! Its a mid cage mech so can be run a bit shorter.
    Have done/ will be racing a few but not the whole series