Unusual sighting

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,773
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
I took this photo in Kingston town centre a couple of months ago. I thought I was seeing things so fired off a quick snap to prove I wasn't insane.DSC00094.jpg
The old lady on the front had a sort of far away grin. The old chap on the back was whipping the rocking horse and yelling "yah, yah" as he went.

Comments

• yes I do think thats odd....
  • Libraio
    Libraio Posts: 181
    Could be for tv. They have a program in Belgium called 'Benidorm Bast@rds' where old people do strange stuff like discussing what a 'butt crusher' is and then one of the grannies shows the other a huge dildo. This is all taped outside so you can see the reactions of bystanders.
    The Commuter: 2009 Trek District
    The John Deere: 2011 Van Dessel WTF
  • Love the little boy covering his eyes.
  • You wouldn't get that sort of thing up North......

..... a fine art shop in the High Street I mean.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Last week when I was commuting in the morning I saw a bloke roller-blading backwards through the throng of tourists queuing up outside Madame Tussauds.

The bloke looked a bit like this:
    ctc_04_img1027.jpg
    Just goes to show that you can be a devout Allah botherer but still have a sense of fun.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    That's brilliant !

When I'm old (if I make it that far) I'm going to do stuff like that...
    Misguided Idealist
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Nothing at all wrong with that. Can I have a go looks like fun.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5

Opposite a sports direct, if I read the reflection correctly. What a land of contrasts Kingston is...

Re the picture - a couple of oldies having a bit of a larf I reckon. Fair play to them.

Either that or totally gaa gaa

Opposite a sports direct, if I read the reflection correctly. What a land of contrasts Kingston is...

Re the picture - a couple of oldies having a bit of a larf I reckon. Fair play to them.

I was confused by the shop next door... They have the Greek letter Pi as their logo, but then spell it PIE??? WTF, clueless in Kingston*?

(*or maybe they are just taking the p)
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    That's ace. The world needs more people like that.

And I agree, the pi/pie thing is an abomination.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • veronese68
    You wouldn't get that sort of thing up North......

I was confused by the shop next door... They have the Greek letter Pi as their logo, but then spell it PIE??? WTF, clueless in Kingston*?

Clueless, but trendy. They must be successful as there are 3 of those shops. Can't say I've ever set foot in one.
    WBW how do you know it's not Kingston upon Hull?
    There are indeed many contrasts in Kingston.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    WBW how do you know it's not Kingston upon Hull?

No charity shops, it isn't raining and nobody is wearing a coat.

However, the old couple have certainly been smoking something - perhaps it's Kingston, Jamaica?

Edit, Oh yeah, and your avatar is London Pride - an outstanding beer brewed just up the road from Kingston upon Thames (in Chiswick if my memory serves me...). In Kingston-upon-Hull they drink mainly fermented sheep droppings
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • veronese68
    All valid points well made.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Grandad!
  • thelawnet
    thelawnet Posts: 719
    The most exciting thing around here is the chap who plays his oboe (no euphemism) on the park bench.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440

Swanky bakery?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    My aunt (one of many, but this specific one!) is known for being a bit of a 'nutter' (in a nice way) the local kids in her neighbourhood love her because if she sees them out on their bikes of skateboards she always asks to have a go or asks them what the music is they are listening to.

One day after she had broken her ankle (not on a skateboard I might add) she was out on one of those mobility scooters when she saw a group of the local kids, ten minutes later a member of the Toronto Police stopped and cautioned her for what was essentially reckless driving of said mobility scooter as she was towing two kids on skateboards behind her down the street :lol:

she's 83 and determined to grow old disgracefully. she's my hero :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • veronese68
    prawny wrote:

Swanky bakery?
    No, fancy clothes shop. There are several of them within a stones throw of each other.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    prawny wrote:

Swanky bakery?
    No, fancy clothes shop. There are several of them within a stones throw of each other.

Even more disappointing then - not only are they guilty of gross inaccuracy, they don't even serve steaming hot bundles of pastry-encased goodness :(
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    That photo's hilarious. It took me a while to realise that one was towing the other.

Love the little kid cowering behind his dad.Well, you would, wouldn't you?
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228

+ 3. 1415 9265 3589 7932 3846 2643 3832 7950 2884 1971 6939 9375 1058 2097 4944 5923 0781 6406 2862 0899 8628 0348 2534 2117 0679 ...