Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited October 2011 in The bottom bracket
October is the biatch of the year.

End of.

Comments

• jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    In what way?

Are you a United fan? Just watching MOTD2. I'm laughing my head off.
  • Nope. October is great. It's my birthday next week and when my parents asked what I wanted I pointed them in the direction of my Wiggle wishlist! :D
  • jim453 wrote:
    In what way?

Are you a United fan? Just watching MOTD2. I'm laughing my head off.
    on this day in history - fantastic!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    February - definitely the worst.
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,171

+1

Edit: Actually January.
    Mañana
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    The whole October/November slog is the worst for me. Been made much better by the amazing weather this year.

You can drink your way through December.

January and February should be bad, but I tend to live a lot more healthy and there's a feeling of being over the winter hump.
    exercise.png
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    pb21 wrote:

+1

Edit: Actually January.

+1 on January.

The weather is pi$h.
    Everybody is skint and moaning. Christmas/New Year credit card bills arrive and just to rub it in, the summer holiday ads are on TV inviting people to get into more debt.
    Everybody is fat and moaning.
    If you had a quiet gym to go to it is then full of moaning bloaters on "resolutions".
    Spring still seems a long way off.

If I can stay employed and keep getting a reasonable amount of miles in then I will avoid all of the above but I still won't be able to avoid moaning feckers!

Rant over :evil:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Depends on your perspective - over here, we all look forward to the "winter months" - October through March.

Had lunch outdoors today for the first time in 7 months....just lovely. Also Cycling at weekends will soon move from 6am to 7am start.....I need that extra hour in bed.

Don't hate me..... 8)
  • rick_chasey
    I find February worse since by then I've more than had enough of the Winter and it's still a way to go. 3 months of proper winter takes its toll by then.
  • pb21
    I find February worse since by then I've more than had enough of the Winter and it's still a way to go. 3 months of proper winter takes its toll by then.

Yeah its the last two weeks of January and the first two weeks of February which are the killers for the reasons you and daviesee mention. Jeez I hate that time of the year!

Sometimes by the end of February, you get a few 'warmer' days and the daffodils are sprouting and spring is in the air.
    Mañana
  • Sound like your S.A.D {Seasonal Affective Disorder} suffer...ya need some good 'rays' on ya back
  • pb21
    Sound like your S.A.D {Seasonal Affective Disorder} suffer...ya need some good 'rays' on ya back

Yeah, it seems to affect me more every year. Next year I am in Thailand on the beach for this period though. :D

koh_tao_beach_1600-x-1200_resize.jpg
    Mañana
  • February - definitely the worst.

+1. By the time February comes around I've just about given up all hope that I'll ever feel properly warm again.
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    X**s and new year are the ars*hole of the year.
  • rick_chasey
    Cressers wrote:
    X**s and new year are the ars*hole of the year.

Forget the christmas faff for a moment - don't you like spending a very long weekend together with the family?
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    Not if I can help it.
  • rick_chasey
    Sound like your S.A.D {Seasonal Affective Disorder} suffer...ya need some good 'rays' on ya back

my moods have been better since we moved office - It's now a long corridor style, above the skyline, with the longer sides totally windowed facing East and West.
  • February - definitely the worst.

+1. By the time February comes around I've just about given up all hope that I'll ever feel properly warm again.

Yep, the fun of winter has definitely worn off by mid January & February.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Nope. October is great. It's my birthday next week and when my parents asked what I wanted I pointed them in the direction of my Wiggle wishlist! :D

If your folks end up knee-deep in debt as a result, at least they can always blame Wiggle. ;)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • October's mint - it's my birthday today :)
  • Mine too! I know loads of people born on either 27th or 28th October- I'm up to about a dozen counting both days. I have never worked out whether you just notice the birthdays of people born on or around your own birthday, or whether there is just not much else to do in February.

Happy Bithday btw! I have something looking like a Wiggle package waiting for me at home. :D
  • lol and to you mate! So far i have 3 new pairs of cycling socks and 2 new long sleeved jerseys for the winter rides :)
  • Nah! The clocks changing this weekend is the start of five months of cold,wet darkness, with nothing to redeem it. We don't even have the memory of a warm summer to sustain us through the grim months. Thank God I don't live in Orkney or Shetland, Edinburgh is bad enough.
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    thecrofter wrote:
    Nah! The clocks changing this weekend is the start of five months of cold,wet darkness, with nothing to redeem it. We don't even have the memory of a warm summer to sustain us through the grim months. Thank God I don't live in Orkney or Shetland, Edinburgh is bad enough.

The shortest day is less than 8 weeks away, cheer up.
  • thecrofter wrote:
    Nah! The clocks changing this weekend is the start of five months of cold,wet darkness, with nothing to redeem it. We don't even have the memory of a warm summer to sustain us through the grim months. Thank God I don't live in Orkney or Shetland, Edinburgh is bad enough.

The shortest day is less than 8 weeks away, cheer up.

I have just said that to someone and they told me where to go :lol: