Couldn't be ar$ed to ride report

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,064
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
Ever get that just can be bothered to ride feeling?
Well that's how I felt this weekend so I spent it drinking beer, watching rubbish TV and online shopping.

Seems a shame as the weather is actually pretty good, well for this time of year anyway.
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• wvanry
    wvanry Posts: 78
    itboffin wrote:
    Well that's how I felt this weekend so I spent it drinking beer, watching rubbish TV and online shopping.

Seems a shame as the weather is actually pretty good, well for this time of year anyway.

ghey.... did 70miles this morning
  • itboffin
    wvanry wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

ghey.... did 70miles this morning

Just tucking into some sweets nom nom nom :lol:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Count me in. Bike? Meh...
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Rear mech is playing up on the Duster - couldn't be a**ed with it today
  • Libraio
    Libraio Posts: 181
    Went for a walk through a park/ wood near my house with the gf this afternoon, All I could think was 'whooo, could ride my bike here....' Lovely day for a walk though.
    The Commuter: 2009 Trek District
    The John Deere: 2011 Van Dessel WTF
  • essjaydee
    essjaydee Posts: 917
    Well i just fitted some mudguards and SPD pedals, but put off the test ride and setup (pedals) till this afternoon.

Only went out for a quick few miles and ended up doing nearly 20. Wish I'd gone out earlier and for longer now :(

Even helped a little old lady who was having problems with her bike :D

But at least I made the effort and burnt a few calories off :wink:
  • essjaydee wrote:
    Even helped a little old lady who was having problems with her bike :D

But at least I made the effort and burnt a few calories off :wink:

Good God man, what did you do to her?!?
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Yes - very much so. I nearly didn't today. I put my ride off from yesterday on the grounds that today would be warmer so probably the last warm ride of the year but didn't really feel like it this morning.

However, I mtfu'd and just got back from a 65 - just like you should have ITB. Hang your head in shame :evil:

Shame I didn't go yesterday though as the sun barely showed at all during the afternoon - forecast was a bit out.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,683
    yeah, couple of beers watching the rugby is not conducive to a productive afternoon....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • bobgfish
    bobgfish Posts: 545
    Should have stuck to Dutch Tea. First ride after a fall and didn't feel like it at all. Managed 50km before the pain hit. Glad I did it as the warmth and sun was great !!!

ddraver, At least the right team won !!!
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Got a funny click on my rear mech, couldn't be arsed to fix it. On a happier note the creak in my left crank has gone away, which is good cos I could be arsed to fix that either!
  • Libraio
    Libraio Posts: 181
    bobgfish wrote:
    Should have stuck to Dutch Tea. First ride after a fall and didn't feel like it at all. Managed 50km before the pain hit. Glad I did it as the warmth and sun was great !!!

Served those French b%^$&s right :D

Cyclo cross on Forza was a good watch as well.
    The Commuter: 2009 Trek District
    The John Deere: 2011 Van Dessel WTF
  • Had a glorious warm sunny day out with Southgate CC, 75miles, breakfast and lunch in some nice little establishments, great company (about 20 riders)... great way to spend a Sunday...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • Went mountain biking on the singletrack at bedgebury, couldn't really be arsed and had a headache the whole way round, but glad I did something I spose. Enjoyed the downhill sections, anyway :)
  • itboffin
    prj45 wrote:
    Got a funny click on my rear mech, couldn't be arsed to fix it. On a happier note the creak in my left crank has gone away, which is good cos I could be arsed to fix that either!

ah the old skool of ignore it until it goes away
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    That's one of the reasons I packed in the full commute I was spending all my energy on a horrible ride into brum and couldn't be bothered to go on nice rides in the country.

Doing less miles now but enjoying them a lot more. Even if I do have to be home for 9am :oops:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Libraio wrote:
    bobgfish wrote:

Served those French b%^$&s right :D

Cyclo cross on Forza was a good watch as well.

Forza?

Not Sporza?
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Shame on you. Banged out a 60 miler on Saturday. Although riding with my boob bro is pretty frustrating!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    I felt rough yesterday but had promised my son a ride. I also had a new to me mountain bike to try. We rode to my parents had Sunday lunch and rode back. About 9 miles almost entirely off road. Richmond Park and Wimbledon Common, it's great that we're in such a big suburban area with so many open spaces. Really lucky to live here.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Too hung over on Sunday to ride, so served my penance by servicing the commuter and the nice bike while watching the Euro Track Championships. Legs felt good on the ride this morning though.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • itboffin
    5.9 miles before returning home, so windy I couldnt stay upright on the bike (no booze involved) would fancy descending in that.

WTF gives with this weather, beautiful blue skies, warm but blowing a gale?!?!
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Nor could I. What annoyed me, though, was that when I went to the shops It was warmer outside than indoors. :roll:

Need to find a goal to train towards...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • cje
    cje Posts: 148
    I couldn't be arsed yesterday, but I went out anyway. Managed 31 miles, the last 5 of which were into a hellish headwind. Also overdressed, so was very sweaty. Urgh.

Should've gone the pub.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    riding with my boob bro is pretty frustrating!

What? Is that some kind of southern slang for a wingman? Or is your bro a he/she?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • itboffin
    Had to pop to the farm shop for essential Ramsbury supplies I went on the MTB now that IS the way to travel in this weather.