Ritchey replacement headset bearing required, but where?

AlanW
AlanW Posts: 291
edited October 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
To fit a Scott Scale 10 MTB which has a Ritchey Pro 1 1/8" semi integrated headset fitted to it.

Detail on the bearings is 41 x 30.2 and 45 x 45 written underneath, but it would appear to now be a obsolete size, unless anyone knows where I can source some from?

Would a normal bearing stockist be able to supply them?
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

Comments

• AlanW
    supersonic wrote:

Yes, I did see those at CRC but I was concerned that it did not detail the ID?

So would it be fair to assume then that the ones detailed at the top of that stock list at 41.0mm will be the ID that I am looking for then of 30.2?

If that's the case then I'll order 4 bearings and have a couple as spare. :D
    "You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"
  • AlanW
    Dam....I've just scrolled down on the CRC link and read the description underneath and yes they are the ID I require........ :oops:

Features;
    • 2 angular contact Pro bearings for Ritchey Press Fit Semi-Integrated Headsets
    • Outer Diameter (OD): 41.0mm
    • Inner Diameter (ID): 30.15mm
    • Angles: 45D/45D
    • Material: Steel
    • 45/45x41.0 - Press Fit - Width: 7mm
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It's an oddball headset, as most of that standard are 45x36: but they are the right ones for sure!
  • AlanW
    supersonic wrote:
    It's an oddball headset, as most of that standard are 45x36: but they are the right ones for sure!

Cheers, its a pity that they don't have only stock at the minute thou'........... :cry: