Marin(s)

34marin77
34marin77 Posts: 14
edited October 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Hey guys,

Not been long on the forum, so now i'm more settled I thought I post about my bikes..

I was along long time ago into cycling/ mountain biking but here I am now trying to get back into it, I don't see myself racing down steep hills or high climbs but I will be venturing out on trails and tracks, aside from commuting.

Anyways, apart from my first 2 bikes the rest have been secondhand (just tight!).
My old/ old Marin has been with me since 2000 (I decided the millennium was a good time to try and get back to a healthier life style, didn't last!!), I believe it's 1991 model - Muirwoods (in a lovely light greeny/yellow colour).

Back in early 2006 I decided to give it a refresh, changing every component of it - apart from frame, fork, stem and handlebar. I can't even remember what it had then but I did good by it although now it's outdated.

It has a Shimano LX 8 speed cassette with matching chain, Deore XT rear mechanism, Deore LX front mechanism, Truvativ Isoflow front crankest, Deore LX V-brakes, Deore LX shifters & brake levers, Mavic X221 wheels with Continental road tyres (that amazingly Evans still sells but for £8 less). Seat post and pedals are just cheap practical looking ones.

Now to add to the stable (err...patio) is a 2007 Marin Eldridge Grade which I just collected this evening.
Blimey, how much difference a few years makes!
The guy I bought it off, said to me -. It's a little on the heavy side.... 'what a joker' this one feels the same as my other bike without it's wheels on!
So, this Marin courtesy of the previous owners is not standard either (though the cheap road tyres have to go).
This bike is running Deore XT front & rear mechs, Deore XT crankset, standard 9 speed cassette, Avid Juicy 5 brakes and levers, Deore LX shifters, Mavic X223 wheels with cheap road tyres, Ritchey seatpost and Fox 3232 F100R fork.

Once I get a chance, i'm going to get this bike tuned up, set up to suit me and put better tyres on. Can't wait!

In time will post a pic or two of them.

Wishing you all health, wealth and happiness!
:D

Comments