Plumby Baby
Plumby Baby Posts: 82
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
Who's got tickets then?

Me, got 4 of the bad boys. Epic.

Comments

• _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    A whole eight months of anticipation. I sincerely hope they don't let you down.

£12m of ticket sales in an hour isn't a bad morning's work.
  • Same here, I'm just as keen to hear they're new stuff as much as the old to be honest. Whatever happens, its a gig I just can't miss.
  • blu3cat
    blu3cat Posts: 1,016
    BBC Headline was Stone Roses sold out reunion gigs. Surely that is missing a full stop and should have read. Stone Roses sold out. Reunion Gigs.

I wonder how many tickets will appear on ebay. Will a full reunion tour follow?
    "Bed is for sleepy people.
    Let's get a kebab and go to a disco."

FCN = 3 - 5
    Colnago World Cup 2
  • Going for £140 on eBay already. Ridiculous.

I do want to see them but I'll wait until they announce London gigs or even better abroad.

It will be full of the sort of dicks who go to Oasis gigs and throw piss and lager around for fun.

The 'new' stuff will be songs which got rejected 20 years ago btw.
  • Chadders81 wrote:

Times like this I wish I had a crystal ball too...

I wouldn't say they've sold out. If you listen to their press conference they've been offered the same deal for the last 15 years but always rejected it cos Ian and John thought each other were knobheads. They started speaking after Mani's mother died and patched up.

Payday - yes. Sell out - no.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    was trying for two hours this morning

got through an was about to book 3 tickets then was told sold out as i was giving payment details

crock of Sh**!!!!!!
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • I was shouting at TicketMaster for about 30 mins for the same reason!! Then i tried 'Gigs and Tours' and had booked tickets less than 5 minutes later.

Got a spare one as well. Gotta get 4 aint ya.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    I was shouting at TicketMaster for about 30 mins for the same reason!! Then i tried 'Gigs and Tours' and had booked tickets less than 5 minutes later.

Got a spare one as well. Gotta get 4 aint ya.

i wanted 4!!

but all i could get was 3 (my Mrs would have missed out) then as i started reading out payment numbers...tickets were sold to some other critter

bad times
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Chadders81 wrote:

Times like this I wish I had a crystal ball too...

I wouldn't say they've sold out. If you listen to their press conference they've been offered the same deal for the last 15 years but always rejected it cos Ian and John thought each other were knobheads. They started speaking after Mani's mother died and patched up.

Payday - yes. Sell out - no.

I don't think they're selling out at all. I quite respect them as human beings for putting all their differences aside before taking the money if that is what they have done. Other bands like the Eagles have reformed even though they hate each other.

But musically, I'm not getting too excited about the new material.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Who gives a stuff about the Stone Roses... THIS is the reunion to get excited about:

http://www.echoarena.com/whats_on/nkotbsb.asp
  • gilesjuk
    gilesjuk Posts: 340
    £55 is steep, especially if half the set list is Second Coming songs.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    He can't sing

surely that's the most important thing tio think about when shelling out cash like that. The beat will kick in and everything will be great then the screeching starts and then it's 90 minutes of wincing
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • godders1
    godders1 Posts: 750
    Clever Pun wrote:
    He can't sing

surely that's the most important thing tio think about when shelling out cash like that. The beat will kick in and everything will be great then the screeching starts and then it's 90 minutes of wincing
    He can, sometimes.

I saw him 4-5 years ago and his voice sounded fine. I've seen plenty of footage where he sounds absolutely god awful though. Guess it's pot luck!?

I was (and suppose still am) a massive Roses fan but I feel strangely numb about them reforming. If they do some good new music I'll get excited about them again (and hope they do more gigs)! No real interest in seeing them just do their old songs though.
  • seen ian brown in belfast a few times, and one time it was woeful, starting stoping songs etc,

stone roses are great, no need for a reunion tho
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    gilesjuk wrote:
    £55 is steep, especially if half the set list is Second Coming songs.

Nothing wrong with Second Coming.
  • 5tu-pid
    5tu-pid Posts: 22
    Clever Pun wrote:
    He can't sing

Totally agree...I'm a big Roses and Ian Brown fan, however footage of that I have seen of Ian live is diabolical (sp)

I also agree about the bottles of pee being thrown around - I went to see Blur in Hyde Park a couple of years ago and bottles were being thrown all over the place...really dont see the point in that!
    '96 Kona U'hu
    '11 Specialized Camber Expert
    '11 Boardman Road Race
  • 5tu-pid wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    He can't sing

Totally agree...I'm a big Roses and Ian Brown fan, however footage of that I have seen of Ian live is diabolical (sp)

I also agree about the bottles of pee being thrown around - I went to see Blur in Hyde Park a couple of years ago and bottles were being thrown all over the place...really dont see the point in that!

unless its Daphne And Celeste playing at reading lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hnxies4Wtk
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    The past is best left where it belongs!
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Reading '96. The reason why I would NEVER in a MILLION years buy Stone Roses tickets. Much happier to bung a cd on - otherwise its a £100+ punt that Ian Brown is going to turn up with his singing voice on...
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    OK, superb album, but they have never had a reputation of being any good live.

So, why all the fuss?
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • never been a fan at all, so have been chuckling at more than a few, they were shoot, still are shoot style comments flying about.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Ian Brown can perform well. I have seen him a dozen times and he has been good about 50% of the time. Seems to depend on how much weed he has smoked/if he is in a good mood. But if Ian's singing voice puts you off/is a concern then I don't think you really *get* the Roses and should save your cash. Everyone will be singing along to every word, so as long he is not Reading 96 awful then it will be great. Reni on backing vocals will also help.

I missed out on tickets as they had sold out. I will probably have to buy some on ebay, but will wait until they announce the other dates of the tour, which should lower the price a bit for the Heaton ones.

I don't get the 'sold out' comments - it is a business after all.

If anyone has a spare then I would love to buy it!