Potential Oasis reunion

Yossie
Yossie Posts: 2,600
edited October 2011 in The bottom bracket
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/oc ... gher-oasis

Think about - City of Manchester Stadium (the people's club), Champagne Supernova, 70,000 people singing along. Back it up with Wonderwall and the rest and its a concert to to end all concerts.

It'll frikkin' rock.

Sending shivers down my back already.

Ok, not to everyone's tastes, but for most people at University (especially in Manchester like I was) in the early 90s, Morning Glory and Definitely Maybe were definitive sounds.

Comments

• rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Would love to see it! Needed some good news after the recent demise of Westlife!
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    I have experience of stadiums from the venue side and Oasis will find it very difficult to tour again - this is my suspicion as to why the spilt up. Glasgow cold shouldered them in 2009 and they went to Edinburgh who unofficially said they wont have them back again, I have heard similar things re Sheffield, Problems are caused by the fans who are more interested in getting smashed than seeing the show, Hampden park had one gig in 2006 or 07 which caused £30K of damage in the stadium, in 2009 they staged 9 concerts and the combined damage afterwards was minimal...
  • /cynical hat on/ Another group thinks, 'hmm we're a bit hard up at the moment, what can we do to earn some money. I know, let's have a reunion and we can play the same old stuff we did 5, 10, 15 years ago and gullible will buy it'. /cynical hat off/
    Planet-X SL Pro Carbon.
    Tifosi CK3 Winter Bike
    Planet X London Road Disc
    Planet X RT80 Elite
  • de rien
    de rien Posts: 84
    It's been done............

desert-survival-3.jpg
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,177
    Please no!
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Oasis ended a great era of music when the played Knebworth, you knew that they'd shot their bolt when the lighters were lit and waved.
  • Redhog14 wrote:
    I have experience of stadiums from the venue side and Oasis will find it very difficult to tour again - this is my suspicion as to why the spilt up. Glasgow cold shouldered them in 2009 and they went to Edinburgh who unofficially said they wont have them back again, I have heard similar things re Sheffield, Problems are caused by the fans who are more interested in getting smashed than seeing the show, Hampden park had one gig in 2006 or 07 which caused £30K of damage in the stadium, in 2009 they staged 9 concerts and the combined damage afterwards was minimal...

likewise from CoM stadium. the trouble, dangerous antics of the fans and general bad feeling of the event has (had?) the stadium management stating that Oasis wouldn't be coming back there again
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Was at their last gig at the CoM stadium and Murrayfield and didnt find the behaviour that bad (well apart from the piss being thrown). A bit different to a some big concerts but very similar to a football crowd.

As for a reunion...dont really think they have been split up long enough for that to start sounding like an exciting prospect. The band and live spectacle had gotten to be pretty stale by the end.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    As for a reunion...dont really think they have been split up long enough for that to start sounding like an exciting prospect.

+1 to that. Doesn't seem like 5 minutes since they called it a day in the first place, and does seem to smack of jumping on the Stone Roses bandwagon somewhat. Next thing you know, The Verve'll be reforming for the umpteenth time....

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Pross
    Redhog14 wrote:

likewise from CoM stadium. the trouble, dangerous antics of the fans and general bad feeling of the event has (had?) the stadium management stating that Oasis wouldn't be coming back there again

I thought they were season ticket holders there :wink:
  • Pross
    Im waiting for Kajagoogoo to sort themselves out.

Nah, they're too shy, shy :oops:
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Well you're all wrong (apart from RJH who is obviously the only person apart from me on this foum that speaks sense) - its gonna freakin' rock and be the best thing ever and the world is going to rejoice and we're all gonna dance like it's 1995 all over again.

Even that bloke with the golden gun that slotted Gaddaffi is well excited about this and he just slotted Gaddaffi - and he thought yesterday things didn't get better than that.
  • stfc1
    stfc1 Posts: 505
    The Noel Gallagher solo album is the best thing anyone connected to Oasis has done since Morning Glory. He's better off without them.
  • gilesjuk
    gilesjuk Posts: 340
    Im waiting for Kajagoogoo to sort themselves out.

They reformed about 2-3 years ago.
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    I liked one of their songs, the one that sounded a bit like The Beatles.