Condor Leggero

londonbloke
londonbloke Posts: 14
edited October 2011 in Your road bikes
After falling in love with cycling and then my CAAD 9 I realised it was time to move to full carbon (loads of fun but painful on 100k plus).... after careful research I opted for last years Leggero. (the better looking one) It might be because of the excuse to where Rapha gear, but the bike rides as good as it looks. What do you think?

Frame: Leggero 2010
Groupset: SRAM RED 2011
Wheels: Shimano RS80

Seat: Fizik Antares
Seat post: Deda Superzero
Handlebars: 3T Ergonova TEAM
Steam: 3T ARX TEAM
Pedal: Look KEO carbon
Tyres: Schwalbe Ultremo ZX
Tubes: Bontrager xxx lite
Cages: Elite Moro d'elite
Bottles: Rapha Bidon
Bar tape - Fizik Microtex gloss

condor.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
2010 Condor Leggero SRAM RED
2010 CAAD 9 105

Comments

• leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Very nice indeed 8)
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Yes - I like that - very classy.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Great saddle, but shoulda got the 3T stem with the white stripe rather than the red. Don't think the ti bolts and extra £20 are the difference between making the tour team or watching it from the couch.

Great wheels and tyres, ZXs have been my new favourties since mid-summer.

Really nice saddle to bar drop and bar angle/lever height - that's how it should be done.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Thanks for the comments... I was torn on the red stripe, but thought it brought out the SRAM Red colours and made it a little different without being too over the top.

Great fitting was thanks to the great Condor service, so hats off to those guys.

Wheels are great but am considering a new pair... either:

Dura-ace C24 7900 or the Mavic R-SYS SLR.
    2010 CAAD 9 105
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,832
    Matching 3T seatpost??
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • I had the matching post on my CAAD9 (which is where it lives now), but the Leggero is a 31.6 compared to the CAAD9's 27.2, so no fit unfortunately. I originally planned to match with the bars/stem, but instead went with the frame, it's made by Deda and the Deda superzero seat post is lighter and actually a lot nicer, so went for that in the end. Happy so far
    2010 CAAD 9 105
  • Dunk_911
    Dunk_911 Posts: 239
    Very envious, I have always wanted on of those since I first saw them. Good luck with it! :)
  • Dunk_911
    Dunk_911 Posts: 239
    Very envious, I have always wanted on of those since I first saw them. Good luck with it! :)
  • thanks Dunk_911 took it out today over the Surrey Hills, rode like a dream, so smooth, great acceleration and climbed up some mean hills better than I have before.

Only downer was 3 punctures! Brand new Schwalbe Ultremo's... was probably my last outing before the CAAD9 armed with Armadillo's comes out for Winter as it was a beautiful day, but alas the tyres couldn't cope.

Just ordered a pair of Continental's GP4000S', seem much sturdier with little extra weight and have great reviews... will be going away for the winter though and hopefully re-emerging with a pair of Dura-Ace c24's in spring!
    2010 CAAD 9 105
  • I had the matching post on my CAAD9 (which is where it lives now), but the Leggero is a 31.6 compared to the CAAD9's 27.2, so no fit unfortunately. I originally planned to match with the bars/stem, but instead went with the frame, it's made by Deda and the Deda superzero seat post is lighter and actually a lot nicer, so went for that in the end. Happy so far

You could always use a shim to transfer it across... just an idea.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/use-sx-seat-post-shim/