Marathons?

aidso
aidso Posts: 493
edited October 2011 in MTB general
Since getting the bug this year and completing a number of marathons I would like to stray further afield next year and do something European.
Is there a site that you can log on to that will list all MTB events? We have a site RunIreland (mainly a Tri-athlon type site) that registers some events, but they are all local. Thinking along the lines of the CRC Marathon series....but with sunshine :).

Would like to go to Germany or France... Spain too.

A.

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    I don't know of a site but there are loads around N Germany and the BeNeLux. There is a series known as the RWP cup that has a few around, that would be a good place to start!

There is a big festival at Houfilaze (sp?) on the Ascension Day bank holiday every year which has a marathon and which is, apparently, a great place to ride..I'm half planning a trip next year...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • aidso
    aidso Posts: 493
    Sweet. I never even thought of Holland (RWP looks like its a Dutch site) but if I can get a single flight from Ireland then thats even better :).

Allersheimer World Cup looks decent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    I'm fairly sure the one we did in Zeirenburg (near Kassel - a beautiful bit of Germany!) was part of the RWP cup (a some of the club take it very seriously) so I think it's wider than just holland - MTB marthons in Holland are nt really viable, more like cyclocross marathons ot they re just 8 laps of an 8k circuit sort of thing!

The Belgians love all forms of cycling and have the Ardenne to play with, that's where I would go if I were coming on a trip. The whole village tends to get involved, and the prizegiving and pasta party is in the town square. It's usually a really good atmosphere!

Singletracks.nl is a good place to start, I think they look wider than just the Neterlands too...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver