Some thing a bit different Storck Full carbon Adrenalin

spankone
spankone Posts: 76
edited April 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Hi Guys I just wanted to share this with you, Its been built since August. But I'm still getting to grips with it after smashing my elbow.

Its a Storck Adrenalin, I was given the frame by my uncle whom didn't use it after a fault developed with the chainstay. He then left it and built up a ful carbon yeti. Ater helping him move house he just gave it to me as a thank you, which was nice :D

I quickly sent it off to poshbikes, the replaced the bearings and chainstay and filled me in on its history, the frames 5 years old and was sold with an ally rear end. it seems at some point some one fitted all the upgrades storck had made, including the cool carbon rocker and tuned rp23 fox shock.

My LBS built it up for me, I'm running shimano xt 2x10 and hope v2 breaks. I was hoping to use shimano's xt 2x10 crank aswell but it still hadn't been relased at the time. In away I'm glad because I've fitted a ethirteen crank instead and its some thing different than the norm.

P1100934.jpg

P1100938.jpg

P1100940.jpg

the full build spec

Wheels Hope Hoops F/R (hubs pro evo 2. stan no tubes flow rim. Front maxxle)
Hope rear QR in silver
Tyres Schwable Nobby nics ust
Tyres sealant
Seat post Easton carbon
Seat Clamp hope QR in silver
Saddle SDG TI Bel air
Fox Racing Shox 32 F100 RLC 15mm Axle 2011
Handle bar Easton ea70 medium rise in black
Stem Easton ea70 90mm 0degree rise in black
XT rear mech
XT front mech
XT cassette 10 speed
XT chain
XT gear shifters (pair)
XT crank 2x10 in silver (replaced with e Thirteen xc crank)
Crank brother candy 2 pedals in silver
Hope V2 front break with black floating rotor
Hope V2 rear break with black floating rotor
Gear cables Goodridge Carbon look
hope head doctor in silver, space doctor in silver,
Bontrager Grips

I've tried to keep the build sensable and strong but not to heavy, it weighs just over 12kg,

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Very nice, never seen one in the flesh.
  • It gets looks mainly 'cause people just ain't heard of them,
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i'v heard of storck when they made one of the lightest road bikes ever.

they are rare and very expensive. count yourself lucky for getting it basically for free
  • My lbs had a frame in stock a while ago, can't remember how much but pretty sure it started with a 3...

They get mentions in mags every now and then, usually in the 'wow look how expensive that is' sections! They do some scary awesome paint jobs too!
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • Well done on getting your hands on this machine.
    A Storck is my dream bike, albeit one of the 'Rebel' carbon hardtails. Or the 'Organic' which is just incredibly OTT.

Look after it and if you feel you ever need to sell it... :wink:
    Society is like a stew. You have to stir things up now and again otherwise the scum will rise to the top.
  • The guys at poshbikes have a some stupidly pricey bikes. When i dropped this off for repair they where trying to suggest parts. Needless to say I ignored their advice cause my wallet isn't as thick as their usual customers lol. Most of their builds leave at £10k-15k
  • lofty102
    lofty102 Posts: 138
    Very nice bike,

next time your uncle is moving house can you let me know!!ha Carbon Yeti you say hhmm!!ha
    2010 Mondraker Factor RR
    2014 canyon ultimate cf 9.0 sl
    2016 Planet x pro carbon
    2017 Scott Spark 730
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Would've gone Crests not Flows, but it's a nice build. Posh Bikes are ludicrously expensive anyway, A good niche they've obviously made, but I'd not buy a full bike from them!
  • Very nice!
    would love a stork! Even more niche than the cotics!!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • spankone
    Photo07-04-2012104754.jpg

a current photo, nothings changed apart from its now got a 40mm shorter stem
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    It's too big for you then looking at that? Those Easton seatposts have about as much layback as anything.
  • spankone
    or I enjoy a shorter stem for trial riding which is far more likely :lol: