Winter Weight??

The Running Man
The Running Man Posts: 574
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
I normally put on about half a stone through the winter and gradually get shot of it through the early spring.

Trouble is I've been so bl00dy ravenous recently I've already put most of it on!!

Ginger creams and chocolate bourbon biscuits are my nemesis .....

I'll be changing my name to the FatMan shortly .... :oops:
Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
Specialized Rockhopper

Comments

• phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    This happened last year too. What is it about the weather / light that boosts my appetite to the extreme? And why have I only noticed this since I started cycling?
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Isn't this a natural effect? I think I read somewhere that we naturally add fat in preparation for winter. Could very well be borlix though.

I've lost 3kg in the last few weeks though.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    I tend to lose weight over the winter because I don't run during the summer. Could it be that you just put on the weight because you cycle less in winter?
  • I know mine is partly down to simply eating more when I'm cold, but also not being AS active during the evenings.

I'm on the bike as much in the winter as I am in the summer usually (ice and falling off allowing) or maybe it's the composition of what I'm eating : bug*gered if I know :

All I'm certain of is that by 11.00 this morning I'd eaten all my packed food for the day and went looking for more

:shock:
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    have you tried worm tablets?
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    We don't have any scales in the house, but every time I've weighed myself elsewhere I've been 65kg.

*sniffs* Mmmmm, pizzas ready! :D
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Weight never changes. I just eat what I want to!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Testing the short commute this week which half normal distance and I've lost 3lbs already WTF is up with that?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Last time I lost weight was when I had a couple of weeks off. I put it down to muscle loss as if anything I ate worse than when at work. Put it back on and flat-lined since. I seem to eat what I need rather than eating for it's own sake or actively tracking calorie intake.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    itboffin wrote:
    Testing the short commute this week which half normal distance and I've lost 3lbs already WTF is up with that?

Maybe a lack of beer and burgers is the cause?
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    itboffin wrote:

Maybe a lack of beer and burgers is the cause?