hey guys

Monk@
Monk@ Posts: 10
edited October 2011 in MTB beginners
hey, just thought i'd say hi. lol

been biking/cycling for most of my life (i'm 23) up until 20 when i was hit by a pickup truck. oops. wasnt any serious damage but for some reason its taken me 3 years to get back into it.
have spent the summer xc'ing on my dads 20 year old raleigh ascender, and just recently brought a carrera kraken 2011, and while visiting the other halfs parents in scotland (we live in southampton) realised there where the 7 stanes trails on our doorstep, on sunday we went out and tackled all the blue routes at glentrool and kirroughtree. and absolutely loved it.

so now i'm on here, trying to find some better places to ride back down south. yes there is the new forest, but although fun, i know after finally experiencing some proper trails i'm never going to be happy with out more. lol.

so basicaly, south of england, wheres best for blue (possibly red) trails.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Surrey Hills, North and South Downs.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • If you're after a trail centre, I reckon you're less than an hour's drive from Swinley Forest. Plenty to ride there, although its a bit of a maze.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Nothings marked at either SH or Swinley so you need a guide.
    No trail centres in the SE except Bedgebury. Which is pretty easy stuff.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Sgray
    Sgray Posts: 79
    Queen Elizabeth Country park supposedly has some good trails. I have not been there, but a friend of mine who has been mtbing longer than me goes there often and has said it is good.
  • cooldad wrote:
    Nothings marked at either SH or Swinley so you need a guide.
    No trail centres in the SE except Bedgebury. Which is pretty easy stuff.

Bedgebury is pretty short too. Difficult to make a day (or even a morning) of it unless you go round two or three times.