Alpes-Maritimes - near Antibes/Nice

warreng
warreng Posts: 535
edited December 2011 in Routes
Just spent the weekend in Biot on a road-bike which was fantastic - really opened my eyes to the dark-side of the lycra-clad miserablists

Anyhow, now I've invested in a bike bag and I have a cheap place to crash in Antibes I'm keen to get back there but off-road

I can't really find anything other than the Roc d'Azur event but I'm planning another trip out (Easyjet is cheap if you time it right) so does anyone know how I'd find decent rides around the Antibes/Nice area as I don't have access to a car?
2015 Cervelo S3
2016 Santa Cruz 5010
2016 Genesis Croix de Fer

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    This site has rides in that area and gives plenty of info for each ride, gps, ign mapping at
    1 : 25 000, profile etc

http://www.utagawavtt.com/randonnee-vtt-gps
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • warreng
    Brilliant - just ahd a quick look and there's 3 or 4 routes on the doorstep which look ideal

Thanks
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
  • Oooh very interesting, my old man has a static van near biot, let us know how you get on when you get out there!
    '11 Cannondale Trail SL3
  • jeannot18
    jeannot18 Posts: 720
    Don't know if it is of any interest, but there is the Train Des Pignes (not sure if you can take a bike but I am pretty sure it should not be a problem). This train will take you all the way to the mountains, and there you will have access to many different rides (before the snow comes in of course).

JC
    Pédale ou crève
    Specialized Elite Allez with 105
    Rockrider 8.1 : )
  • warreng
    That train looks pretty handy - even without a bike it looks a good day out.

@woodytitan - it's not Camping du Pylone is it?!?!
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
  • WarrenG wrote:
    That train looks pretty handy - even without a bike it looks a good day out.

@woodytitan - it's not Camping du Pylone is it?!?!

Most certainly is mate, take it thats where you were?? How was christian in the bar/restaurant?? Not bad for a frenchie!
    '11 Cannondale Trail SL3
  • warreng
    Christian was there - it was the last weekend before the bar/restaurant shut.

I was talking to the owner's son (Nico?) and he's a keen road cyclist so he had plenty of road routes to share. He scoffed at our 75 mile route, the cheeky bastard

Anyway - that link above has a couple of rides from Biot station. Also, Pecheur bikes hires out GPS units with pre-programmed routes on them which sounds like a good idea
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    What a small world this is my wife has stayed on that site with her sisters every year for a number of years.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • warreng
    Not sure she'll be staying there again. There was a massive flood about 3 weeks ago and pretty much the whole of the park was wiped out.

Cheap holiday gone for a burton :evil:
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010