Back on the road

chadders81
chadders81 Posts: 744
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
Well - back commuting anyway. I have been jobless for a few months but from Monday have some regular gainful employment and will be making the 15 mile round trip daily from Clapham to Angel.

Not the most exciting route but chance to vary it a bit. Suspect I'll be going London Bridge way and up to Old Street roundabout and then City Road mostly because a mate cycles that way and we can take it turns to lead each other out in some imaginary sprints.

I've been cycling plenty but looking forward to that smug feeling that comes with haring past other commuters walking to the tube like idiots.

Now just the question of what to do with my bike. It's an old steel-framed roadie but I think the forks may have been bent so I am thinking that I will replace with carbon when I can find some reasonably priced 1" threadless. So new bars and stem as well.

When I've saved a bit of cash by the spring I am going to get a Planet X Nanolight in black.

Comments

• HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    Congratulations! You must be delighted :D:D
  • Cheers mate. Yes - And very relieved. Looks like I'm going to have to join a gym to use their shower facilities but still cheaper than the tube and I'd probably join one anyway for pumping iron.

Lifting some really weights with my puny arms