just spotted these shimano wheels

Frank pole
Frank pole Posts: 112
edited October 2011 in Road beginners
Looking to upgrade my wheelset - just seen these on merlin quite cheap!

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop ... H6700G.htm

My usage would be 100 miles a week commute and a couple of sportives a year.

Does anyone own or have any experiance with these wheels?

Thanks!

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Nice wheelset, Shouldn't give you any trouble, but, low spoke count.. commuting over winter.. why not just subject a pair of cheapo wheels to the abuse if your current wheels have had it? You choose.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Personally I would go for the rs20 or rs30, great value. I have rs20 on my winter bike and they are great. Even raced on them :D
  • Personally I would go for the rs20 or rs30, great value. I have rs20 on my winter bike and they are great. Even raced on them :D

Cheers for the advice chaps - rs 20/30 it may well be then at them prices!
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I'm still riding completely true RS10's after 3 years of year round use. I'm a bit of a lightweight in every sense of the word though.
  • I've been riding the 6700s for around a year now and I've had no problems with them. They've coped with sportifs, timetrials and general riding fine.

I recently got some RS10's for my winter / work bike and they have been great too, a clubmate of mine has some on his winter bike and they've done 3 winters and the bearings were clean as a whistle when he checked them this year.
  • racingcondor
    racingcondor Posts: 1,434
    The 6700's would do the job well. As others have hinted at Shimano do tend to make hubs with seals that last and last and the 6700's are quite a bit lighter than the cheaper Shimano options.

If you can find som RS80's in your price bracket (you can normally get them for about £300) then you'll have hubs that last forever paired to some really light rims.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    The 6700's would do the job well. As others have hinted at Shimano do tend to make hubs with seals that last and last and the 6700's are quite a bit lighter than the cheaper Shimano options.

If you can find som RS80's in your price bracket (you can normally get them for about £300) then you'll have hubs that last forever paired to some really light rims.

I've got RS80s and love them, not really sure the difference between RS80s and Ultegra wheels though, except that Ultegra can be run tubeless...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.