Top Threads

Comments

• Sore testicles?

Nothing to do with this thread, I'd just thought you'd be interested in me-balls
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • RonB wrote:
    Top threads? The motorised cycle discussion gets my vote...

Well there is the morning gone reading a modern classic!

Thanks Ron!!!
  • Duffer65
    Duffer65 Posts: 341
    Do I wear my bib-shorts over or under my duffel coat?
    Where would you be if you fell down a hole?.. Stuck down a hole... in the fog... Stuck down a hole, in the fog, at night... WITH AN OWL!
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Surely the top threads are Girls in Lycra Shorts and Girls in Knitwear. The rest are just cycling.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Surely the top threads are Girls in Lycra Shorts and Girls in Knitwear. The rest are just cycling.

Some sense at last.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    The thread about that dude who eats microwaved Mars Bars and has green teeth's "steak in water" dinner from a few weeks ago still rocks in my mind.
  • Yossie wrote:
    The thread about that dude who eats microwaved Mars Bars and has green teeth's "steak in water" dinner from a few weeks ago still rocks in my mind.

Link?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,177
    The usual "some nasty person in a car / van shouted at me / drove too close to me" threads.

Red light jumping

Pavement riding

I've been knocked off my bike, here's my one sided story, the driver should be hung drawn and quartered.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    RonB wrote:

Freaking excellent. Internet gold and trolling of the highest order :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    edited October 2011
    Double post
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • RonB wrote:

Thanks for loosing me a morning! Very funny read.
    Custom spec Scott Scale
    Custom spec Salsa Fargo
    Custom spec Scott CR1
    Scott Speedster S1
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,170
    Re "motorised cycle discussion" :lol:

The "Idiots with really bright rear lights" thread started out really funny (then went kind of downhill when the replies started seriously addressing the OP.)

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=

And, while it never happened, I've long wished for a "Freehub Foodie" thread. It would be kind of a blog written/hosted by Mr freehub. I imagined it having his original recipes, lots of food photos and the occasional shared deep thought.
    Alas, with freehub's self exile, my dream may have died. But I hold hope -- If NapD can resurrected himself then why not freehub?..
    Freehub?!..
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    "Why won't roadies wave to me when I'm on my MTB"?
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Yossie wrote:

Link?

It was called "I have evolved" and was about his dinner. It went from there.

Can anyone help track it down - I did a search on "evolved" and got 32 pages about mountain bike forks.

EDIT: Was that Freehub as per the above?
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Yossie wrote:
    Yossie wrote:
    Link?
    It was called "I have evolved" and was about his dinner. It went from there.
    Can anyone help track it down - I did a search on "evolved" and got 32 pages about mountain bike forks.
    EDIT: Was that Freehub as per the above?
    Is it this one? http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12801135

If it is then it's a bit disappointing because he OP has edited the thread title and all his posts - so you loose a lot of the thread.
  • Freehub = Steve. That was a boss thread.

This one has potential

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&start=20

some guy with a sign fetish, napd's response is funny as.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,170
    Yep, freehub, the one and the same. The aforementioned thread was sadly his swansong. To find it try a search on "bunch of to$$ers on BR" or something like that.

There's currently a "how to remove freehub thread?" in the Workshop Forum where I keep fighting the urge to post "make fun of his cooking".
  • Harry182 wrote:
    Yep, freehub, the one and the same. The aforementioned thread was sadly his swansong. To find it try a search on "bunch of to$$ers on BR" or something like that.

There's currently a "how to remove freehub thread?" in the Workshop Forum where I keep fighting the urge to post "make fun of his cooking".

What has he done to warrant them campaigning to remove him?
  • de rien
    de rien Posts: 84
    Harry182 wrote:

The inability to make sense of a post's literal meaning I expect. :lol:
  • RonB wrote:

Haha posted on that thread and some goon called me a cheesewand for calling him a smart ar*se
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,177
    The original Freehub cookery masterpiece involved a microwaved Mars bar which he posted a picture of - it was the best weight loss thread I've seen! I couldn't track it down for some reason though. He was posting a lot about various illnesses at the time and got a bit upset when people suggested his diet might not be helping.
  • RonB wrote:

Haha posted on that thread and some goon called me a cheesewand for calling him a smart ar*se

I'm in a fight, feel free to defend a fellow roadie against the great unwashed
  • RonB wrote:

I'm in a fight, feel free to defend a fellow roadie against the great unwashed

Surprised they've got time to engage in posting, would of thought they'd be too busy 'shredding' :wink:
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    It is a shame that we appear to have lost will/free/steve/hub, he was a tryer. Maybe he has found a good woman? Better still, maybe he has found a bad woman! That should complete his education quicktime.

The real disappointment is this erzartz NapD. Not a patch on the original! Not as sharp or funny :( We are not fooled for one minute.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    So is NapD actually not the real NapD?
  • pastabake wrote:

Check his profile 1114.27 post per day
  • fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    pastabake wrote:

Haven't you heard of cybersquatting?

When the original NapoleonD's account was deleted, an imposter appears to have taken the opportunity to grab the newly freed "NapD" account.

The original NapD used to be occassionally intelligent, informative and amusing. This new NapD appears to be struggling.

Take a close look at the staged avatar. The colouring isn't quite right, and neither is the actor they've got to pose. I seem to recall the original guy in the NapD avatar carried a little more weight.

We've not all been fooled though. I'm with Stone Glider:
    The real disappointment is this erzartz NapD. Not a patch on the original! Not as sharp or funny We are not fooled for one minute.

Ultimately though, so long as "NapD", whoever that is, informs and entertains us, do we really care?
  • fish156 wrote:
    Ultimately though, so long as "NapD", whoever that is, informs and entertains us, do we really care?
    This one has potential

Cybersquatter or not, the photos on the Sportive Signage thread made me laugh out loud.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Freehub = Steve. That was a boss thread.

This one has potential

You've just won the award for the Understatement of the Year!!!!

Brilliant! :lol:

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • de rien wrote:
    Harry182 wrote:

The inability to make sense of a post's literal meaning I expect. :lol:

Doh..... :oops: