Blackpool

frankspencer1979
frankspencer1979 Posts: 525
edited October 2011 in Routes
Is there anyone from round blackpool on here? If so, have you got an off road route that doesn't involve getting in the car!?

I'm not expecting great DH or anything, just something more interesting than pootling round the de vere golf course!

Comments

• It's as flat as a pancake around Blackpool - lots of big muddy fileds and a dearth of bridleways I'm afraid. Nearest you'd get would be to go over Garstang/Bleasdale way but you'd need an OS map to figure a route out.
  • Hmmm... that's what I thought, it is flat as round here.

But what I'm after is literally any off road route that people might take round here, perhaps round Weeton way, or River Wyre. When I want to get out for half hour/hour for a spot of exercise I go round De Vere and into Stanley Park out of desperation.

I know I could explore myself, but in this weather I'd rather know there's a path to follow!!
  • Apart from a few tracks across Marton Moss which are very short and don't get you anywhere there is no choice - there are so few bridleways/tracks in that area. :cry: Lots of nice quiet lanes once you get to Kirkham and treales and over towards Inskip. Best you'd get is along the canal!
  • tsenior
    tsenior Posts: 664
    i was staying up there with work and looking for something worth riding: there is a bridleway along the wyre which starts near little thornton and goes north at the back of the old ICI site eventually joining a disused railway

flat though and dont know how you would make a loop out of it; thankfully the job finished and i got back to wales :wink: