Shed of Gold

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
Just got this email from my cycling mate:
At wife's sisters at the weekend, looking at the house they've now been in for around 3 years when I started talking about cycling. She said "oooh, the couple who sold the house left some old bikes in the shed - I'll show you them". So I walked over and discovered:

a) A 1980's Claude Butler Tandem road bike (Reynolds 753 I think)
b) A pink Reynolds 531 Trevor Jarvis frame (not the 'Flying Gate' model but an 'Orthodox' road racer frame) - beautiful it is
c) Several Mavic 80's wheel sets

And then I said, it would be awesome if a Mercian was tucked away in here somewhere...

She then said, "...there is another one in the corner, in the dust that I think has Mercian or something on it..."

Low and behold, I pulled it up and it was a Mercian in blue - all hand painted. I nearly p*ssed myself.

A museum of beauty within a garden shed.

There was mutterings of we may give you one of these but it's early days and I don't even know if the frame fits - it would need full restoration.

Wibble. :shock:
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• s1_400_06.jpg
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Kieran_Burns
    We're thinking about raiding parties at the moment.... We don't think they'll notice :P
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Replace them with 10 year old BSOs off gumtree and they'll be none-the-wiser :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • ''Nah, only worth scrapping. Tell you what, I'll give you £10 for the lot and you'll end up with a bit of room in the shed at last.''
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    I'll take the lot off your hands - won't cost you a penny - can't say fairer than that
  • Kieran_Burns
    The problem with the forced casualness is that Rob was failing to hide a serious chubbie while looking at the bikes.

I don't think they'll believe him. :lol:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Drooling does give the game away :)