End of Season Treats

markos1963
markos1963 Posts: 3,724
edited October 2011 in The bottom bracket
Wondering if others like me treat themselves at the end of the season?

With the TT/RR season pretty much over I decided to go out for a blast on my TT bike. Best wheels and tyres chancing my luck by just carrying a mobile. Not a long ride but a head clearing blast on some fast roads before the bike gets stripped for a winter refurb'. Felt really good after and renewed my desire to race next year.

Comments

• Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    markos1963 wrote:
    Wondering if others like me treat themselves at the end of the season?

With the TT/RR season pretty much over I decided to go out for a blast on my TT bike. Best wheels and tyres chancing my luck by just carrying a mobile. Not a long ride but a head clearing blast on some fast roads before the bike gets stripped for a winter refurb'. Felt really good after and renewed my desire to race next year.

I don't want to sound like a weirdo, but is that really treating yourself? Sounds more like an average sunny non racing Sunday to me. Good bike, head out with mates on their good bikes, bit of a pose, have fun because you've worked all week and you're worth it, as the advert says. End up back at someone's house for fresh double espresso, shower, clea clothes, red wine and salami until the cows come home.

I thought an end of season treat would a Rolo doughnut, four pints of Ruddles and a couple of packets of pork scatchings or a new set of Obermayers to congratulate yourself for another year of not crashing and getting dead disease, not just going out for a ride.

But that's just me……..
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Well in previous seasons I have done the Ullrich thing and put a stone on slobbing out but unlike him I can't shrug it off as easily.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    End of season? Ask me again in January. ;)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Gizmodo wrote:
    I treated myself to a Rolo doughnut - does that count?
    3565117494_5c8ce5daac.jpg

<The Simpsons>

Mmmm....forbidden doughnut....

</The Simpsons>

;)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    markos1963 wrote:
    Well in previous seasons I have done the Ullrich thing and put a stone on slobbing out but unlike him I can't shrug it off as easily.

That is because, my dear friend, you aren't smacked off your chops on EPO and anything else that comes to hand.

Either that or can't dance as fast or as well as him in order to lose same said pie-age. One of the two. Obvioulsy, for legal reasons, I'm, not going to comment on which.
  • pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    Gizmodo wrote:
    I treated myself to a Rolo doughnut - does that count?
    3565117494_5c8ce5daac.jpg

I work in a local hospital and have seen a ring similar to that on a local tramp recently. For information the brown bits werren't chocolate. :shock:
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I ate a whole packet of biscuits during the Giro di Lombardia.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    johnfinch wrote:
    I ate a whole packet of biscuits during the Giro di Lombardia.

Ahh, that was you at the back getting a tow from the team cars with a packet under your arms was it?