My New Scott Addict RC

mallorcajeff
mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
edited September 2013 in Your road bikes
Hi Sorry for the Pics but only flew back to the Uk for this weekend to pick up the new ride. Had a 50 mile spin on it today before packing it down today in a box and flying it back to Mallorca in the morning.

Brief Info, Scott Addict RC with Dura Ace Di2. 56cm Frame. Dura Ace wheels. Amazing ride fast and smooth. Ignore the dodgy angle of the bars had just removed from the box before setting up. The yellow tape was double wrapped for the ride ass couldnt grip the white fizik why its a little chunky. Same bike Cavendish rode for Columbia just a shame I dont have his legs.

Wilier Now relegated to winter training bike. Will do some better pics when home but thoguht I would put some up of today incase anythign happens to it on the plane tomorrow :(P1100440.jpg

Comments

• Uncleiven
    Uncleiven Posts: 150
    Very nice mate. I want Ultegra Di2 on my Foil :( lol
  • A lovely bike. And I'm tempted to move the 105 to my old bike and get Di2 on my CR1

What I am jealous of though, is that you get to Cycle round Mallorca year round :(
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Do you use Di2 on account of the fact that you only have one arm?
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    got two arms so im ok. Have to say havign had it a week now and put a few hundred miles on it, couldnt be happier easily say its the nicest toy ive ever owned, including cars and everything this is one great machine so light and fast climbs really well just need to shed weight from me now.
  • lukea-d
    lukea-d Posts: 25
    Hello Mallorcajeff.

How do you rate the Scott Addict RC after two years of riding it? I have the option to get one (though with 7900 rather than D12) at a great price, but have struggled to find any lenghthy reviews. Specifically, I'd really like to know:
    1) how comfortable it is on longer rides? I know it's no sportive machine, but that's pretty much how I would be using it rather than racing.
    2) how does it handle? The comments I have seen on this have varied wildly - some said it felt stable and solid, but at least one said it was twitchy. As a nervous descender, my preference in a bike would be for the former.

Your comments would be really helpful. Thanks.
  • Escher303
    Escher303 Posts: 342
    Luke, I have an Addict LTD team as used by the disbanded Saunier Duval Pro Tour team (Iban Mayo, David Millar, Ricardo Ricco et al), it's the ISP, HMX superlight version. Same as above but different livery.

It's on page 20 of this thread viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12898462&hilit=summer+bikes&start=380

Before I got it I rode a Ribble New Sportive Racing and rode it with 2 spacers, but in that time I've stretched a lot and gradually lowered it. I mention it as my Addict has no spacers and quite a big saddle to bars drop and I also ride in the drops a lot but I now find this position very comfortable, that may not be for everyone. But for me, the trend of tall headtubes for comfort doesn't work. I did have a really bad back but lots of cycling has sorted it out and I am much more comfortable riding flat backed now than sat up. I now ride the Ribble with no spacers and a -17 stem and it's a little high! It fits me like a glove and I find it very comfortable. It soaks up road buzz better than the Ribble and despite being very comfortable its very stiff and responsive. I rode the Bowland Badass (167.5 miles) on it earlier in the year and it was as comfy as required. I've ridden a couple of centuries a month on it this summer, no problems at all. In fact I much prefer to ride it on long rides than my other bikes.

I am also a nervy descender. Had a stack at high speed last year when my Ribble speed wobbled on a long descent. Took me a long while to get my mojo back and I find the addict very confidence inspiring. I'd also read some people finding it twitchy, I don't find that at all, in fact it corners and descends like its on rails. I find it very predictable even in cross winds when the Ribble starts to wobble quite easily.

So in a nutshell, if it fits you well and you can get the position you want then it is very comfortable. The ride is not harsh at all but still stiff where it needs to be. And the handling is superb, up, down and around corners, can't fault it. Its an awesome bike, I'd get another one in flash if I could.
  • Really nice future classic bikes these
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Thanks, Escher303 - great response. My nervous descending also comes from a collarbone-breaking crash, though due to my poor cornering rather speed wobble (though I've experienced that too - very scary). I'm faced with a choice of persuading the missus to let me splash out on the Scott or the upgrading my current ride from Tiagra to 105 for now and buying a new (sale) bike in a couple of years when hyrdraulic disks will be the norm.

Decisions, decisions!
  • Beautiful looking bike! - Im in Majorca in July 2014 - Staying at La Biniorella which is in the Camp de Mar / Part d'Andratx area. Do you know if there are any good bike hire companies around here?? Would love to ship my Bianchi over but, we'll have a 9 month old with us (plus all the stuff that goes with it) so, if I want to cycle then hire is my only option... Cheers!
    2013 Bianchi Vertigo Carbon with Campagnolo Zondas
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
    ~ Albert Einstein
  • Hi all. Been away for a while im in the uk for the next few months.
    The addict is an amazing ride. I regularly do 100 miles and i did a 138 miles in one hit a few months ago and was nit knackered at all. Its comfy i find but did have a good bike fit. I would like to change it only out of boredom but cant find anything that pushes enough buttons for me.

Bike hire in andratx i dont k ow but bruce at pro cycle hire in pollenca will deliver one to you. I k ow becuase i will be working there from february onwards.

Have fun
  • philw80
    philw80 Posts: 436
    If you're working there from feb, any chance of a discount for a few of us that are coming over in may? ;-)
  • Bike hire in andratx i dont k ow but bruce at pro cycle hire in pollenca will deliver one to you. I k ow becuase i will be working there from february onwards.

Have fun

YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY!! Not sure the wife will be too happy but I am over the moon!!!!
    2013 Bianchi Vertigo Carbon with Campagnolo Zondas
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
    ~ Albert Einstein