what to star road racing next year

jonod777
jonod777 Posts: 143
edited October 2011 in Road beginners
im looking at starting racing next year and when will the dates be up for next season iv just got my Race Licences

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,173
    some are already published, just keep an eye on the bc calendar...

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events ... lter_id=21
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • nakita222
    nakita222 Posts: 341
    If you look at your race license, you will realise it runs out on the 31st december, meaning you have to get a new license/membership next year.
  • jonod777
    thats ok because iv not got it yet but thamks for that i live in nottingham is there raceing about this way
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    iv just got my Race Licences
    thats ok because iv not got it yet
    :roll:
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    I'm pretty sure at this time of year, purchasing a racing licence takes you to the end of this year, and the full 2012 season - please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Pilot Pete wrote:
    iv just got my Race Licences
    thats ok because iv not got it yet
    :roll:

Very odd that one :lol:
  • jonod777
    ok so this is where i am at i was getting one and thanks to you lot i dint as it runs out at the end off the year so will be getting one in the new year
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    jonod777 wrote:
    ok so this is where i am at i was getting one and thanks to you lot i dint as it runs out at the end off the year so will be getting one in the new year

How old are you -if over 40 have a look at http://lvrc.org/membership_benefits.asp

Or also http://tlicycling.org.uk/ for all age categories
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Join a club and ask there.
  • jonod777
    I'm 23 m8
  • I hope your riding is better than your spelling and grammar.

:lol:
  • cougie
    Definitely join a club - do the club runs so you can handle the bike in a group, and test yourself for fitness against them.

Also they'll advise you on the best races to do in the area.
  • cougie
    Definitely join a club - do the club runs so you can handle the bike in a group, and test yourself for fitness against them.

• nhoj
    nhoj Posts: 129
    That bears repeating.
  • TommyEss wrote:
    I'm pretty sure at this time of year, purchasing a racing licence takes you to the end of this year, and the full 2012 season - please correct me if I'm wrong.

You're wrong.
  • jonod777
    edited October 2011
    I hope your riding is better than your spelling and grammar.

You will never know because I DON'T ride with nobs like you how pull people down just because they cart spell
  • cougie
    Good response !
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    jonod777 wrote:

You will never know because I do ride with nobs like you how pull people down just because they cart spell

You do or you don't?

No excuse in this country for not being able to spell simple words and use the odd comma or two though....
    More problems but still living....
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Do - it's pronounced dough. It means 'do not'

I'm from the midlands, let me know and I'll do any interpreting required
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    amaferanga wrote:
    jonod777 wrote:

You will never know because I do ride with nobs like you how pull people down just because they cart spell

You do or you don't?

No excuse in this country for not being able to spell simple words and use the odd comma or two though....

Slightly unfair. There are people out there who, for one reason or another, are not great at spelling and punctuation. It annoys me a bit when someone is criticised for their spelling and grammar when no-one knows their background. It's not as if he is being lazy and resorting to text speak for which there is no excuse!
  • cougie wrote:

+1

fast chaingangs are just great fun too - even if you are hanging on for dear life (like me)
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    Pross wrote:
    amaferanga wrote:
    jonod777 wrote:

You do or you don't?

Slightly unfair. There are people out there who, for one reason or another, are not great at spelling and punctuation. It annoys me a bit when someone is criticised for their spelling and grammar when no-one knows their background. It's not as if he is being lazy and resorting to text speak for which there is no excuse!

He did use m8 for mate in an earlier post.
  • Pross wrote:
    amaferanga wrote:
    jonod777 wrote:

You do or you don't?

It's funny a buddy of mine is terrible with spelling and punctuation (I have dyslexia myself which used to be very bad), it is very hard to understand what he is writing. He's not bad with numbers though, he now manages a bank :shock:
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032

It's funny a buddy of mine is terrible with spelling and punctuation (I have dyslexia myself which used to be very bad), it is very hard to understand what he is writing. He's not bad with numbers though, he now manages a bank :shock:

no wonder the banks are in such a state....
  • Lol, retail banking is a different beast to investment. Anyway the fiasco wasn't down to stupidity, it was greed. They knew exactly what they were doing and the risks involved.

But I beleive he did start out on the other side. :shock:
  • It was obviously a tongue in cheek remark, hence the smiley facey thing!

Apologies if any offence was caused, I guess its just the way I was taught to be quite anal with language, even in casual use. In my opinion it doesn't hurt to do things the right way!