Mk Bowl racing

Andrewk44
Andrewk44 Posts: 3
edited October 2011 in Amateur race
I have just taken up cycling again, now 44 last time was when I was 16. Got the bike , got the gear just have not got the legs at the moment. Anyway been down to the Mk Bowl a couple of times to watch the vets in action. Could anyone tell me how to get into this. What do i need to do and of course how fast do they go as I would hate it if I embarrassed myself!!
Many thanks
Andrew

Comments

• MarcBC
    MarcBC Posts: 333
    I am not sure how one gets into it, however, I suggest looking at the Team MK website. They are not only a local club to the area, but have several riders who participate in that series.

I am a member of Team MK, but not a racing member. There are also other clubs but try looking at this one. You may have to be a club member somewhere to participate but am not sure on that.
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    The Tues eve vets races at MK Bowl are run by the LVRC. You'll find everything you need to know on their website: http://lvrc.org/ You can join up online, enter the race and go and join in. What's even better with the LVRC is that you can opt to race with those in the older age categories while you build up some confidence and find your feet, so to speak.

Ruth
  • Many thanks for your help , have just bought my licence> Now to get the legs working!!!