Focus Mares CX3 Crosser

leeroy72
leeroy72 Posts: 330
edited October 2011 in Your road bikes
DSCF1932-1.jpg

New Focus Mares CX3 - just picked it up this week so only one 50 minute ride. Very very nice ride, irons out the ruff stuff no end!!!

Focus carbon frame & forks
FSA chainset BB30
105 shifters, RD, FD & chain.
Concept EX bars, stem, seatpost & saddle.
Avid shorty 4 brakes
50mm carbon clinchers
Vredestein premiato cx tyres - Fulcrum racing 7 cx's as spare wheels.
Around 8.1kg
:lol:
Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently

Comments

• FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    leeroy72 wrote:
    Avid shorty 4 brakes
    50mm carbon clinchers
    :lol:
    = no braking :-)
    But in CX that's a good thing.
    Bike looks sick, but on a really "belgian"-type course, you might want a low-pro easy-to-accelerate clincher rim like a Stan's 340 or Velocity A3. Accelerating those beats 20x per lap could be sapping, my legs ache just looking at the acrage of those things.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Sorry but that looks all wrong. The wheels don't suit the bike and the handlebars are all messed up (the hoods are higher than the saddle!). Get a bike fit..

But if it works for you, then cool, that's what matters.
  • leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    FransJacques - Yes the brakes are typical cross brakes - slow you down as opposed to stop you and not snappy at all, just the way i like it.

Readyforever - The bike fits me perfectly mate - as comfortable as a cross bike can be. As for the wheels, not sure what you mean by don't suit the bike! Look fine to me and more importantly ride very nicely thank you. I think the camera angle makes the cockpit set up look a little weird though.

Thanks for the comments.

Weight is confirmed at 7.95kg - just had it on a friends garage scale. This is almost 3kg less than the Ridley Crossbow I have just sold so i am more than happy. 8)
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    The bike is gorgeous, the stem and the seatpost colours match it well. I think RF's point is, when you get more comfortable off-road and racier with the bike, you can flip the stem to get it looking meaner.

If Sky rode Focus, this is what it would look like.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.