new bike boardman pro ht

chrism110
chrism110 Posts: 21
edited November 2011 in MTB beginners
hi all been browsing forums for a while thought its time to register and say hello :) i've just got back from halfords after putting deposit on a boardman pro i'll be collecting it next weekend cant wait to get out been out the saddle for way too long

Comments

• Enjoy your new bike once you get it. Welcome!
  • Enjoy - I bought a boardman team ht a year or so ago and I love it
    Boardman Team Hard Tail
    Specialized Allez
  • Nice bike, great spec. you should get some great rides out of that...

Just remember to give it a quick once over before you ride it. You know what they say about Halford's bike staff :wink:
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • jon1993
    jon1993 Posts: 596
    I got mine 5 weeks ago :) quick fue checks i would do just to avoid a trip back to halfords...
    1. Check the tyres are faceing the correct direction, my back one was on the wrong way.
    2. Whip the chainset off check the shields are on the right way (one each side) as theres a fue come with the shields both on one side.
    3. Check the bb are greased, a fue have come out of the factory that have no grease at all.
    4. Get a bit of thread lock and go over the bolts with a small amount. I went around dalby my cable came out of the rear derailler and losened one or two of them.
    Other than that there amazing bikes! :D
    Scott Spark 30 carbon custom build
    Giant Faith 2 DH bike
    Boardman pro 2011
    Boardman team carbon 2010
    Carrera kracken 2009
    Specialized fsr pro 2009
    Haro custom build
    Cannondale custom build
  • thanks guys , i mentioned the bb30 probs and was told i will be getting the newest model with newer wheels 319 i think and newer brakes was told the bearings are better now and are greased in factory but i'll have to see
  • You picked this up yet? how was the service from halfords, just waiting on my voucher for cycle to work then im off to get mine.

thing is they only have one in my frame size and say they cant reserve it?? just hoping its not sold by the time the voucher arrives. feels like ive been waiting frorever and not sure i can handle another week lol.
  • yes picked it up last saturday :) excellent bike , service from halfords was fine and the bike seems to be set up correctly , have you asked if you can leave a deposit? i was told ten pounds was enough , worth a try ,hope you get it soon i know what its like waiting lol
  • yes came with mavic 319 & newer brakes Elixir 7 also shapped discs
  • chrism110 wrote:
    yes picked it up last saturday :) excellent bike , service from halfords was fine and the bike seems to be set up correctly , have you asked if you can leave a deposit? i was told ten pounds was enough , worth a try ,hope you get it soon i know what its like waiting lol

thanks mate, called them got a more a helpful guy and its all reserved. ;-)
  • nice one you'll be very happy with it, here's mine on its first outing last week have changed the pedals to mg1's much better
    bike1.jpg
  • Hi

Just picked mine up today, it took 3 stores before I found a large with the new brakes/wheels on, I wasnt just travelling around to get the upgraded bits, I just read somewhere that the BB30 is less troublesome on the newer versions and better greased out the factory, if this is the case though remains to be seen.

Got a good price, way under £999, so even if I need to spend a bit at a LBS sorting the bearings out then so be it - looking forward to the first ride.....

Cheers

rich
  • sonypc100 wrote:
    Hi

Just picked mine up today, it took 3 stores before I found a large with the new brakes/wheels on, I wasnt just travelling around to get the upgraded bits, I just read somewhere that the BB30 is less troublesome on the newer versions and better greased out the factory, if this is the case though remains to be seen.

Got a good price, way under £999, so even if I need to spend a bit at a LBS sorting the bearings out then so be it - looking forward to the first ride.....

Cheers

rich
    Looking to get one this weekend! What price did you get it for and how? Any help would be fantastic!
  • pick it up tomorrow ;-) cant wait. must admit ill be changing the pedals too. Tempted to subscribe to mbr for the free mg12s. was starting to think my letter of collection for cycle to work would never come.

am i a big kid for feeling like its christmas eve?? yep and i dont care.