Ga-Ga Goes Too Far Over Goo-goo

ratsbeyfus
ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
edited October 2011 in The bottom bracket
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15307052

Spoilsport. My kids are gonna be gutted.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    That woman has absolutely no sense of humour. When things like this happen I wish the japanese had been better shots at Pearl harbour...grrr.

My daughter loves Moshi Monsters. :?
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Hate this bloody woman, Nothing original at all. it's all been done before.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    She and her lawyers are protecting the brand. Everything has been done before, but she just added her own twist to the mix.
    M.Rushton
  • mrushton wrote:
    She and her lawyers are protecting the brand. Everything has been done before, but she just added her own twist to the mix.

Being a super slut, singing the same thing 100 times in every single song, and dressing like a tard?
  • Anonymous
    mrushton wrote:

Being a super slut, singing the same thing 100 times in every single song, and dressing like a tard?

I agree, but please don't use that term, I find it really offensive.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    dmclite wrote:
    mrushton wrote:

I presume you mean tart, but that accusation is based on personal opinion and the image she portrays in the media. i have no idea about her sexual habits/preferences etc. She is just running with the baton that Madonna dropped (same charges were levelled at her I recall and prob.could apply to a lot of singers thro' pop history. She is just in the right place/right time for the Facebook/Twitter generation
    M.Rushton
  • Anonymous
    mrushton wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    mrushton wrote:

I presume you mean tart, but that accusation is based on personal opinion and the image she portrays in the media. i have no idea about her sexual habits/preferences etc. She is just running with the baton that Madonna dropped (same charges were levelled at her I recall and prob.could apply to a lot of singers thro' pop history. She is just in the right place/right time for the Facebook/Twitter generation

No, I'm pretty sure its short for retard.
  • mrushton wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    mrushton wrote:

Yeah, I meant tart. It may just be a media image she portrays, but that is where something is most important when being a star. I just hate slags in general.
  • mrushton wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    mrushton wrote:

Yeah, I meant tart. It may just be a media image she portrays, but that is where something is most important when being a star. I just hate slags in general.

Do you reserve your ire for women whom you perceive as having too many sexual relations, or do you hate men who have sex with many people as well? I assume it is the latter, as 'slag' is a term usually reserved for women.
  • mrushton wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    mrushton wrote:

Do you reserve your ire for women whom you perceive as having too many sexual relations, or do you hate men who have sex with many people as well? I assume it is the latter, as 'slag' is a term usually reserved for women.

I have a problem with anyone who acts like that, it doesn't matter if it's about a man, woman, or transsexual. I just really don't see how someone who can't sing, can't dance, can't act, and is a slut can be so popular, surely we should "worshipping" someone with some form of skills in life, and not someone who just got lucky and uses autotune to get rich.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,177
    Whether people like Lady GaGa or not I don't think anyone can say she can't sing. I'm not a huge fan of her songs but I have seen her singing other stuff and she has got an excellent singing voice and I believe she also a reasonably accomplished pianist too. Not a fan of the whole 'image' thing though and have to make a conscious effort to stop my 8 year old watching some of her stuff!
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    mrushton wrote:

The irony being, of course, that Ga-Ga is just a Madonna rip-off act.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Monkeypump wrote:
    mrushton wrote:

The irony being, of course, that Ga-Ga is just a Madonna rip-off act.

Absolute rubbish.
  • mrushton wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    mrushton wrote:

I have a problem with anyone who acts like that, it doesn't matter if it's about a man, woman, or transsexual. I just really don't see how someone who can't sing, can't dance, can't act, and is a slut can be so popular, surely we should "worshipping" someone with some form of skills in life, and not someone who just got lucky and uses autotune to get rich.

Fair enough, if that is your view. I appoligise if it seemed that I was jumping down your throat on the issue. However, as the terms 'tart' 'slag' are 'slut' almost exclusively attached to women and are not generally used by (straight) men to describe (straight) men, it does make it sound like you have a particular problem with women who behave in a way you think is wrong. There are no equivalent terms that are used as a term of approbation to describe what a man is rather than to describe his behaviour.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    mrushton wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    mrushton wrote:

Ah, that'll be the racist Princess Cheryl as well then!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    dmclite wrote:
    That woman has absolutely no sense of humour. When things like this happen I wish the japanese had been better shots at Pearl harbour...grrr.

Do you mean you wish more americans had been killed?

And you are lecturing on what is offensive.
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    GaGa - can sing, can dance and can play the piano, I understand she writes most of her own material ergo there is some talent there. I can't stand Katy Perry et al who IMO over sexualise young girls into the whole "if i make boys happy my life will be perfect" theme, I do my best to keep my daughters at a distance from that crap.
  • gilesjuk
    gilesjuk Posts: 340
    She nicked her name from Queen anyway. Radio GaGa. Even the Queen song goes "Radio Gaga, Radio GooGoo"

Sounds like typical modern musicians, thinking they invented and own everything.

Timbaland was sued by Nelly Furtado for sampling one of her songs, when the Furtado song was a rip off of an Amiga mod based on a C64 chiptune.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timbaland_ ... ontroversy

It's no wonder some people don't want to buy music now when it's been so easily produced by ripping off others.
  • Redhog14 wrote:
    GaGa - can sing, can dance and can play the piano, I understand she writes most of her own material ergo there is some talent there. I can't stand Katy Perry et al who IMO over sexualise young girls into the whole "if i make boys happy my life will be perfect" theme, I do my best to keep my daughters at a distance from that crap.

Do you seriously think it takes talent to write a song with the words "Alejandro" repeated the whole time, and only 3 other lines of text repeated?
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626

I just hate slags in general.

Brilliant.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Redhog14 wrote:

Do you seriously think it takes talent to write a song with the words "Alejandro" repeated the whole time, and only 3 other lines of text repeated?

Say what you like about the way she applies it, but she has one hell of a musical talent. She's a classically trained musician who's gone down the "pop" route.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,177
    edited October 2011
    Fair enough, if that is your view. I appoligise if it seemed that I was jumping down your throat on the issue. However, as the terms 'tart' 'slag' are 'slut' almost exclusively attached to women and are not generally used by (straight) men to describe (straight) men, it does make it sound like you have a particular problem with women who behave in a way you think is wrong. There are no equivalent terms that are used as a term of approbation to describe what a man is rather than to describe his behaviour.

Just to pick up on this point - there is a lad who they put through in X Factor seemingly on the basis that he had tatooed the names of all the girls he had slept with whilst working as a holiday rep on his ar$e and was prepared to reveal it to the judges. Gary Barlow has said several times that the boy's singing is not the best (bear in mind this is X Factor!) and pretty much said he was put through as he thought he would appeal to the women. The fact he ended up second bottom in the first public vote suggests they have seriously miscalculated how people really behave to that sort of behaviour. Imagine how those girls feel knowing they have become a modern day equivalent to a notch on his bed post or how any future wife will feel everytime she sees those names and yet his parents seemed to find it amusing and the judges felt it would give him appeal!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    mountain monster = misogynist?

Gaga is excellent, within the constraints of being a popstar.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    mrushton wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    mrushton wrote:

Sure there is. What happened to 'asshole'?