Torch mount for Urge Endur-O-Matic helmet

d3matt
d3matt Posts: 510
edited October 2011 in MTB general
Following on from this and this thread, I thought this needed it's own topic. Mounting a light or torch on an EndurOMatic helmet is a little more tricky due to few vent holes.

The Exposure Joystick mount looks the ideal solution, but of course only if your torch is the same diameter as the Joystick torch.

Anyway, tonight I tried playing with my new bits from DX and using one of these universal velcro mounting blocks, the sides of the larger diameter end do fit between the top vents of the helmet and do allow you to adjust the angle of the torch.

helmetmount1.JPG
helmetmount2.JPG

It's crude, but looks like it may work. I've not tried this on my bike yet, but jumping in the garden tonight it does look like it might keep still on the bumps.
Anyone tried this idea yet? I'm sure someone must have. Does it work or is it too difficult to maintain the correct angle?

I was also thinking of attaching a cable tie between the two rear vents and then the torch string can loop onto the cable tie, giving you that second chance fixing.

Riding this Boardman Team FS 2010. Also trying my first blog.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Bet you neighbours think you are weird, jumping around the garden with a helmet on, lights blazing.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • d3matt
    d3matt Posts: 510
    I hid around the side!

Riding this Boardman Team FS 2010. Also trying my first blog.
  • I've got an Exposure Joystick helmet mount and I'll see if the torch fits, when it arrives. If it does, perfect, if it doesn't, I'll try something else.
  • lock1981
    lock1981 Posts: 546
    I didn't bother trying to mount a light. The extra weight would move it around to much on my bonce!

Went back to my hex fir night riding and urge for the day..... But the urge is my favourite helmet ever!!

Oh good effort :)