They did it! They built the bike I was building in my head..

Libraio
Libraio Posts: 181
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
No, they didn't build a bike in my head but On One does now make a bike I was thinking of building.
Steel frame? Check
Able to run gears or singlespeed? Check
Discs? Check
BB7, not just any mechanical discs? Check
SRAM groupset? Check.
Clearance for wider tires? Check

I'm talking about the new Kaffenback off course. 've Been eying the frame on the website for a couple of weeks now but they stated it could only take 32mm tires. They offer 35mm cross tires as an option on the complete bike. Only question is: will it take Marathon Winter tires? This is a deal breaker.

Anyone on here got an idea?
The Commuter: 2009 Trek District
The John Deere: 2011 Van Dessel WTF

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I've just replaced CX 35mms with Marathon winters and the CX Tyres were definitely bigger. If they fit then winters will.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Libraio
    bails87 wrote:
    I've just replaced CX 35mms with Marathon winters and the CX Tyres were definitely bigger. If they fit then winters will.

Mmmmmh, black or copper? Got to talk about getting a bike from abroad on our 'fietsplan' (Dutch cycle to work).
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,714
    The only reason I didn't buy a Kaffenback a fair while back was because it only had canti mounts. Now, I'll almost certainly have one at some point.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,683
    ah Another Dutchie! I'm in Leiden! (and I was looking at the Kaffenback too!)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Libraio
    ddraver wrote:
    ah Another Dutchie!

Yup, there are a few of us on here.
    Holland is a great cycling nation but the bikes that are sold here are very mainstream. Nobody thinks outside the box.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,683
    They re dutch! They follow the rules! :wink:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Hmmm, want. Which colour are you going for?
  • I had one of the older kaffenback & it was great. I am likely to go for one of these. (was the bike I was building in my head as well....)

Black FTW.
  • Libraio
    The copper is very nice but the black is safer. Whichever one I go for, the panels will be painted white. Can't stand the red or the gold. Waiting for the oke from P&O right now.