Moda Forte Track Bike

colinsmith123
colinsmith123 Posts: 579
edited October 2011 in Track
Anyone ridden one of these? Opinions, views?

Is it worth the extra cost over a Dolan Track Champ or similar for around the £500 mark.

My aim to re-commence track league racing next year and I've seen the Moda for a good price.
Live to ski
Ski to live

Comments

• dru
    dru Posts: 1,341
    Anyone ridden one of these? Opinions, views?

Is it worth the extra cost over a Dolan Track Champ or similar for around the £500 mark.

My aim to re-commence track league racing next year and I've seen the Moda for a good price.

So was that you riding one on Monday at the Track day then? Are you liking it? :)
  • That was me! And I'm guessing that was you sitting one seat next to me at lunch?

I couldn't persuade Dolan's to do me a good price on a bike.

I think it rides well, 40.56s for 500m S/S sprint at my first attempt is a good effort.

What did you think of the Track Day? I have mixed feelings about it. VFM? Not sure.

Should be back at Newport next weekend for a longer session.
    Live to ski
    Ski to live
  • dru
    dru Posts: 1,341
    Yes,

Mixed feelings a little. I'm glad I paid for it a few weeks ago and didn't hand over the money on the morning - because if I did it would have felt less value for money after the computer said we only did about 12 miles or so.

Track time was short - thought we'd get alot more time on the track having all the morning on the bike. but then if there are more people than allowed on the track at any one point they have to share it out - but would rather have been told that the track 'day' equated to only 90mints track time.

That said, I rode next to the big G for a few laps at the beginning and had a nice chat with him, then managed to ride several laps being the GB guys and you really can nto put a value on that I think

I think that the majority of the adults there were corperate and from that point of view it was probably perfect for them, didn't have to pay and didn't have to take a days holiday as well :)

Glad you've got some more track time coming - I'm down there this weekend for a few hours with our club.

The only thing that bothers me is that with all this riding under a roof - I'm starting to complain when I have to ride outside :lol: - still it beats the turbo trainer right?
  • I've opted out of a sportive that's been planned for months in favour of an 7 hour rround trip to Newport, so I can perfectly relate to not wanting to ride outside. Not ridden to work once since I got my new bike :oops:
    Live to ski
    Ski to live