How nice was RP this morning!

joelsim
joelsim Posts: 7,552
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
Low lying mist, sun shining, loads of deer. It was like being on the plains of the Serengeti. Truly lovely.

Obviously the photographers thought so too as there were quite a few out.

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    How nice was RP this morning? I don't know - I was 200 miles away from it :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    RP is the only reason i wish I lived south of the river :lol:
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Gorgeous up here too - apart from riding straight into the rising sun. Had that warm & cold pockets of air thing going on too.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • joelsim
    Yes it was 8C this morning and for the first time this year I felt a bit chilly and wished I'd been wearing gloves and a base layer.
  • joelsim
    willy b wrote:
    RP is the only reason i wish I lived south of the river :lol:

I prefer North too, well parts of it anyway.
  • cambs
    cambs Posts: 235
    It was stunning.

Temp dropped from 10 C at start of ride to 2C in the park and back up to 11C. My fingers are still tingling.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Bushy Park was gorgeous too. A bit flatter than Richmond so probably not quite as pretty. I bet Ham dip was cold. Often an appreciable dop in temperature through there. Probably not as cold as MRS experiences though.
  • joelsim
    Yes it did seem colder in the park
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Bushy Park was gorgeous too. [...]

Any sign of the "Beast"?
  • joelsim
    DrLex wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Any sign of the "Beast"?

Sketchley? :D
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    Came in late this morning, and delightful too along the river where I pootled in the autumn sunshine from Mortlake to Putney, marred only by my rear Crud splitting in two for no obvious reason. Then hardly any bijkes around for the rest of the way - exchanged a cheery good morning (almost like being out in the country) with the only other roadie I saw all the way from PB to PS
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    DrLex wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Any sign of the "Beast"?

ehTUb.png

?
  • DrLex wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Any sign of the "Beast"?

judging from the tv it's near the car park off Diana, looks rather like people have been getting too close, over sexed 40 stone worth of animal, need space. some times plenty of it.

in the summer the deer don't care how close for most part. But now is bad time to get close with your camera.
  • joelsim
    I rang my bell at a relatively little one in the middle of the road this morning, and then felt a bit guilty.
  • Joelsim wrote:
    I rang my bell at a relatively little one in the middle of the road this morning, and then felt a bit guilty.

I've had to come to rapid stop before now in Bushy when two Stags tussling got too close to one of the Big Stags who pushed them on to the road and into the ditch the other side.

wasn't going to hang around to say Hi!
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Joelsim wrote:
    DrLex wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Any sign of the "Beast"?

Sketchley? :D
    :lol:
    Want to 'shop a pair of antlers onto his avatar?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    DrLex wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Any sign of the "Beast"?

There was a large stag being paparazzied by Leg of Mutton pond. 3 blokes with tripods and long lenses. I'm sure they were too close for lenses that looked as long as my arm. I wondered if one of them was going to throw a small child into the shot for the full shock horror effect.