Pedestrians

merkin
merkin Posts: 452
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGO3bt6YPKo
I find pedestrians the single biggest hazard on my commute, but this guys attitude absolutely stinks. His riding and hazard awareness is abysmal. :evil:

Comments

• should be locked up!
  • He's a member on this forum IIRC.
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    He seemed to be a very angry man when I watched his other videos and read some of the comments. Quite funny though seeing some of his altercations with cars, mobile homes etc
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,344
    Sirrus_Lee wrote:
    He's a member on this forum IIRC.

He's a d1ckhead
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Sirrus_Lee wrote:

He's a d1ckhead

He certainly sounds like one from the extended video. Complete moron
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    wtf, reason enough to ban electric bikes from idiots :lol:

On the subject of helmet camera riders, by fluke I just spotted the youtube account of 'SonofthewindInc', you may think that his youtube page is a joke but turns out, I spotted him last night!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/SonofthewindsInc

P1000434.jpg

[/boring story]
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Sirrus_Lee wrote:

He's a d1ckhead

+1 Thats a youtube channel full of awfulness. The way he was talking to that woman he ran into on the cycle path was pretty rude, and then to keep referring to her as big momma in his videos tells you all you need to know about this guy. Whats his name on the forum?
  • I'd also like to point out it's the Bristol/Bath railway path, shared use, not a 'cycle path' as he refers to it in the video.

It's one of the reasons I've started cycling to work, as I get more enjoyment out on the road than I do going down the railway path at weekends. You simply can't maintain any sort of speed without being a danger due the anount of peds and side turnings.

Some people in Bristol have strong feelings against cyclists using the railway path, and with idiots like this, you can hardly blame them.
  • Pru
    Pru Posts: 53
    You guys are way too harsh on this guy. Do you think that you wouldn't be annoyed if somebody walked out in front of you like that and damaged your bike? I think he acted pretty calmly.

Considering the amount of cycles going the other way on the extended version, she should have known better.

Only way he could have stopped that from happening is if he rides like this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCSNG6JB ... age#t=484s
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    I'm going to take a somewhat contrary view and say that although he was probably going too fast for the situation, the pedestrian appears to have little to no self preservation awareness.
    I try to always make sure I'm okay to do so before randomly changing direction, you don't always know whats around you be it pedestrian, cyclist, jogger or bear.
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Pru wrote:
    You guys are way too harsh on this guy. Do you think that you wouldn't be annoyed if somebody walked out in front of you like that and damaged your bike? I think he acted pretty calmly.

When you start looking at the other videos on his channel you put together a less empathetic picture...