Can this be right

markyone
markyone Posts: 1,119
edited October 2011 in The bottom bracket
Just looking through the bikes on ebay and saw this,would wiggle really make that mistake?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pinarello-Par ... 08a3#payId
Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
Pinarello F8 with sram etap

Comments

• trust them to attract blame
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    I have looked at there site and they dont do a paris.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • SLX01
    SLX01 Posts: 338
    I blame Wiggle!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    markyone wrote:
    I have looked at there site and they dont do a paris.
    At the moment, but 2011 bikes have been out for a while now.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Duffer65
    Duffer65 Posts: 341
    Why would Wiggle agree to this bike being sold on ebay? Surely they would arrange for collection and send the guy the bike he wanted??? Or have I missed something? Very odd.
    Where would you be if you fell down a hole?.. Stuck down a hole... in the fog... Stuck down a hole, in the fog, at night... WITH AN OWL!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I've emailed Wiggle............ watch this space.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Why the hell would Wiggle agree to it being sold ?
  • cougie wrote:
    Why the hell would Wiggle agree to it being sold ?

To avoid blame?
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    does this dude really think anyone is THAT stupid ? :D
  • benjboy
    benjboy Posts: 258
    Yes on ebay they will beleave anything and pay top price.
    Keep the chain tight all the way.
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    This bike is listed in Cycling Weekly today.
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    benjboy wrote:
    Yes on ebay they will beleave anything and pay top price.

:D:D:D:D:D !
  • Litespeed79
    Litespeed79 Posts: 65
    edited October 2011
    So Wiggle can send this guy a bike he never paid for & let him keep it.

So that's why they couldn't afford to include Haribo in my last 2 orders!
    Ribble R872
    Specialized Langster Monaco
    Trek 6300
  • bristolpete
    I wonder if this is the same bloke selling stolen Prevail helmets in the classifieds ?
  • SLX01
    So Wiggle can send this guy a bike he never paid fir & let him keep it

so that's why the couldn't afford to include Haribo in my last 2 orders!

I think the point is he did pay for it, they just sent him a more expensive model. I'm sure if he was just selling a dodgy bike he wouldn't bother with the Wiggle story there seems little point. I guess it would depend on what he paid for the bike and what Wiggle paid for it, if they still made a profit they probably thought it simpler to let him keep it than sending it back and sending another out.
  • bristolpete
    SLX01 wrote:

I think the point is he did pay for it, they just sent him a more expensive model. I'm sure if he was just selling a dodgy bike he wouldn't bother with the Wiggle story there seems little point. I guess it would depend on what he paid for the bike and what Wiggle paid for it, if they still made a profit they probably thought it simpler to let him keep it than sending it back and sending another out.

Oddly, the guy selling the helmets and this guy are both called Gordon. Coincidence ?
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    Gordon the helmet man is in glasgow, this brother is in london?
  • SLX01 wrote:

Not doubting the story, although if I were Wiggle I'd want it back but what's the loss to them in the grand scheme of things?

If anything I'm jealous these things never happen to me!
    Ribble R872
    Specialized Langster Monaco
    Trek 6300
  • SLX01

Oddly, the guy selling the helmets and this guy are both called Gordon. Coincidence ?

I know someone in Bristol called Pete....coincidence?
  • bristolpete
    SLX01 wrote:

I know someone in Bristol called Pete....coincidence?

Very droll, but I think Evans would have this bike back in a heart beat. Cheers.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Bizarre - why wouldn't the guy just a) send it back and get the bike he wanted to save all this faffing around (having to advertise it on numerous sites, putting up with tyre kickers, etc etc) or b) if Wiggle didn't have the bike he wanted in stock anymore just get a refund and buy it elsewhere?

Trés strange mes amis ...... Lovely bike though.
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Some years back I ordered a new VW Passat saloon. Couldn't afford the estate, wasn't in my company car scheme budget.

Month later the car turned up. A VW Passat estate. Oooops.

Before it was even unloaded I phoned the dealer, who after a bit of discussion asked me if I wanted to keep it. Apparently once sold, invoiced and registered it's a right mare to unscramble. I was very happy to say yes please.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 42,453
    Wiggle do a 28 day trial don't they? In that case I can't see why they would have had a problem taking the more expensive bike back and supplying the correct one. It all seems a bit odd but then if the bike was dodgy the story seems a bit OTT to be made up.
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Yossie wrote:
    Bizarre - why wouldn't the guy just a) send it back and get the bike he wanted to save all this faffing around (having to advertise it on numerous sites, putting up with tyre kickers, etc etc) or b) if Wiggle didn't have the bike he wanted in stock anymore just get a refund and buy it elsewhere?

Trés strange mes amis ...... Lovely bike though.

Because the one they sent was worth a grand+ more perhaps? Nah can't be that, he probably just didn't want to inconvenience Wiggle staff :wink: