Super sick Brompton video

Comments

• Haha brilliant!

I wonder just how much abuse a brompton can take though?!
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours cycling and multisport training holidays in the Alps, Pyrenees and beyond

Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/LeDomTours and on Facebook http://is.gd/ipG1Ei
  • Ride hard
    Ride hard Posts: 389
    I love it! Those brompton's are tough little buggers. This video takes the brand away from its rather quaint image of City gents in bowler hats.

It does make me wonder though how a carbon beauty like the Cervelo S3 would handle those moves....yikes :shock:
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • I reckon bikes can take a lot more hammer than people give them credit for. Wheels might go out of true but I think even carbon frames can stand up to some abuse.

Look what they go through during Paris Roubaix.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I wonder just how much abuse a brompton can take though?!

I think they broke a few bikes. A few weeks ago I was on the train home and got talking to a couple of guys; I think they might have been couriers, either currently or at some point. One had a fixie (might work in Harry Hall; I certainly saw him in there), the other a BMX.

Anyway, they saw my Brompton and were telling me about the Team Clonc video. The way they tell it, it was something commissioned by Brompton and filmed in Manchester (I think I saw the Beetham Tower/Hilton partway through the video), and they had to ask Brompton for a few replacements.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Yeah - it's definitely Manchester.

Makes sense that Brompton might have done it as a viral but it's still good fun.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Not entirely sure of the point of this video. The core audience will always be relatively wealthy people of a certain age who have rather different image aspirations than your local teenagers.

I quite like their magazine ads, but this video is just silly. It's like Gardeners World employing Dizzee Rascal to attract the young uns. Bonkers!
  • Joelsim wrote:
    Not entirely sure of the point of this video. The core audience will always be relatively wealthy people of a certain age who have rather different image aspirations than your local teenagers.

I quite like their magazine ads, but this video is just silly.

I don't think they expect drug dealers to start using them. It's just a bit of marketing to get people talking and 60,000+ views so far with very little outlay.
  • Great video, thanks for posting. I wouldn't subject my Brompton to this kind of abuse!
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    A good viral, was hopping mine between speed bumps at the weekend, they feel like they can take some abuse.

You do feel like a big kid on them cruising around like its a bmx, captures that feeling perfectly.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Pearoast
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    GHEY
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • seataltea
    seataltea Posts: 594
    Brompton is soon to be to bikes what Burberry is to clothes.
    'nulla tenaci invia est via'
    FCN4
    Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
    CUBE Peleton 2012
    Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    seataltea wrote:

Sold down the local market as a baseball cap?
  • seataltea
    seataltea Posts: 594
    iPete wrote:
    seataltea wrote:

Sold down the local market as a baseball cap?

Devalued branding.
    'nulla tenaci invia est via'
    FCN4
    Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
    CUBE Peleton 2012
    Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter